Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How much

Default How much

hi

How much does kinder and schools cost ??

Not something i ever thought about.

Depends on the type of education, state (and government subsidy per school/kinder), and area you live in and the popularity of the school.

OMG I just realised I can't remember how much paris' kinder is going to be LOL! I think its about 200 a year but it could be term :-s Karyne help me out here LOL!

Playgroup was $40/term, but a gf of mine who lives in a more expensive area pays $80/term.

Primary schools I have no idea, I know some Private Primary's are between 1 - 4k per term.

I would be interested to hear what other people pay too!

*hugs*
    Cailin

Karyne Guest

Cailin I think your kinder was around $200 per term not year.

These are the prices I pay in Melbourne, all states and country areas are different.

Playgroup $40 per term
    3 yr old Kinder $180 per term
    4 yr old Kinder $150 per term
    School (public) $150 per year, then an amount each term for excursions etc, so about another $120 for the year

Thanks Karyne somehow I thought that was cheap 8-[ LOLOL!

*hugs*
    Cailin

OMG @ $200 per term. Is the playdough lined with gold

Love :smt049

Thats Cheap and I get a $50 rebate for doing worker bee or something LOL! So its about 150. That is 2 mornings a week for 2.5 hours. Some places do only 2 hours so you have to do your research to make sure you are getting your money's worth LOL! The reason 3 y.o. is more expensive than 4 y.o. is because the government doesn't subsidise 3 y.o. as much as far as I know, well in VIC anyway.

*hugs*
    Cailin

I am going to ring my kindy tomorrow and ask so Michelle has some SA prices too If I remember.

Kathryn Guest

Default Kindy and School Fees

Hi

I was just having a look at all the different forums and came across your question. I'm from the eastern suburbs in Melbourne and fees that I've paid so far are as follows:

3 Year Old Kindy - $600.00 a year for two 2 hour sessions a week
    4 Year Old Kindy - $600.00 a year for a 12 hour a week program

My eldest started school this year and we sent her to a Catholic School which costs $965.00 a year but that's per family - so no matter how many kids you have attending the school the fee remains the same. However, you then pay approx $200.00 in levies and that is per child.

Also, 3 Year Old Kindy is not government funded and that is why it is so expensive. Also, if you have a Health Care Card you can obtain a rebate for 4 Year Kindy and school but not 3 Year Kindy.

Hope this helps you out!

Kathryn

Hi Michelle

I just rang both paralowie kindergarten which is a 5 min walk from me and Parafield Gardens kindergarten and it is $40 per term when they start at the age of 4.

So that is $160 a year if they do the full year and they have 4 sessions a week for 2hrs and 45mins per session.

Kathryn - that is how much I paid when Emma did Kindy at Hectorville back in 2000!

We paid $60 a term for Jack to do 4 x 1/2 day sessions at Emma's school and it now costs me $310 per term for both of them to be at school full time. That includes P&C levy, building fund contribution and books etc ... Emma & Jack go to the local Catholic school (even though we aren't Catholic) as it is the best school in the area.

When Emma went to the local State school they charged $15 for the year!!! and it wasn't compulsary. The school I worked at last year had a $60 contribution fee and the school I work at now is the same ... none of these fees are compulsary!!! Legal a "free" education system can not make people pay!!!

Cheers

I asked mum how much kindy was when I went, okay so it was 24yrs ago and she said it was free, cause she had a card similar to todays health care cards. but then it was only $12 a term anyway. back then there was 3 terms a year and not 4.

Thanx for checking Kathryn i guess i have a year to look in to it more and save.

What happens if you can not afford to send your child ??

It is actually cheaper if you are on a health care card or the like from what I recall!

Cheers

Tayla Guest

It costs me $170 per term to send DS to 4yo Kinder.

As for schools... think it depends on area, public, private or catholic. The local public school closest to us... which was a choice was last year $130 for the year... plus books and things. However... the Catholic school... which we have chosen... was $1000 per year plus $200 per child... the yearly rate stays the same per family... so when DD gets to school it will only be the extra $200... but it's still better than $3000 per term for private!

Also... from memory... with public schools it's not actually a requirement to pay... but most families will usually make an effort in some way.

lis78 Guest

I am a Catholic School Teacher and school fees depend on the school you enrol your child in and what facitilies it provides. The two schools I have taught in are very different socio-economically, my first school was in a poorer area cost around $250 per term. Second school was in a middle area cost $375 per term. Private Independent Schools are much dearer and cost anywhere between $1000-$5000 per term and if you read the paper last week, independant schools in Brisbane charge a waiting list fee and enrolling fee of approx $1500 per child. Most schools do not refund this money and others refund a quarter of it.

Government schools do not charge school fees but you still have to pay a levy per term for materials used within the classroom. You initially have to pay for school books and uniforms each year.

Hope this helps. Melissa.

Debbie Lee Guest

I have decided that little Nobba is just gonna have to stay in my belly forever! We can't afford to educate him/her,

LMAO Debbie

Love :hbeat:

Geeze, what planet do I live on?

I thought kinder was free.............

Oops!!

Jo

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast