Thread: John Colet School - Sydney

Melody Guest

Default John Colet School - Sydney

Does anyone have any experience/feedback with this school?

We are looking for a cross between Stiener & Pittwwater House.....

My DH has a long history with Pittwater (head prefect etc) but it doesn't address some key components I am looking for in an education model & Stiener is too far over the other side.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Hi Melody,

This is my first post here at bellybelly so I hope I am replying to your post correctly.

My husband and I have actually looked into John Colet school as a possible primary school for our children when we have them. We have both read the school prospectus and we are are impressed with the approach to learning, the vast subjects students study and the approach to discipline.

For us, it is important that the school our children attend is reinforcing the same values that we both have. Of all the schools that we looked at John Colet seems to be the best fit.
    Last edited by grevinde; July 22nd, 2006 at 04:07 PM.

Melody Guest

Thanks so much Grevinde.... I really appreciate the feedback

For us, choosing a school, has as much to do with philosophy as it does education. More than wanting my child to be 'brainy' I desperately want them to be kind & John Colet sounds like a nice option.

nb. Yes you are replying correctly. These particular threads aren't a really busy the way others are so it is luck to get the info you are looking for.

Melody, my old boss has her little boy at John Colet.....she is thrilled with the way he is developing, from an educational and social perspective. From what she has told me he is in a class of ony around 12 others, so class size alone would be a encouragement........

(BTW, that pic of Hunter is ADORABLE...)

For us, choosing a school, has as much to do with philosophy as it does education. More than wanting my child to be 'brainy' I desperately want them to be kind & John Colet sounds like a nice option.
    I absolutely agree!

Allysanne Guest

Hi

I am VERY new to these boards - went exploring tonight in search of topics covering information about one of my births and stumbled on bellybelly - I normally post elsewhere on the www.

But if you still read here, I am willing to sing the praises of JCS. My eldest DD is in 4th class with Mrs Mane (which is also the biggest class at 22 students - most classes hover at about 15-20 students). My DS starts in Upper 1st next year, my 2nd DD starts L 1st in 2008, and my youngest DD will start L 1st in 2010.

We have had a combined total experience of three years in the public system (2 years for my eldest, and one year for DS). And will not waste another year of our kids' education in the public system again.

We LOVE LOVE LOVE JCS, for so many reasons.

Any questions, please feel free to ask.

Cheers,
    Allysanne
    Last edited by Astrolady; September 28th, 2006 at 08:10 AM. Reason: Removal of link in post

Allysanne Guest

Looks like my link to a program about the "dumbing down" of education in Australian schools done by Jana Wendt on the Sunday show a few weeks ago has been removed. Still wondering why, but if anyone wants to know - have a look at the Sunday show online.