Thread: When do I need to start making arrangements?

Default When do I need to start making arrangements?

Evan will start school in 2008. I was wanting to know when you need to enrol for this? He will just being to public school but I am not 100% sure if we will be here in 2008. DH is wanting to look at moving back to Cairns. He goes up in July for a wedding & plans on looking at what jobs are up there & if the move will be worth it. I personally don't think it will happen but have agreed to wait on moving from this house (I hate it) to another untill he has sussed out NTH QLD. That way if we decide to go then we have only moved once. Either from here to cairns or from here to another location but in the same area.
    So Am I going to be right to wait untill the second half of the year before I look at enrolling Evan for 2008?

Your best bet would be to contact the school in which you want him to enrol. They will be able to let you know when they require you to secure his place.

With the public school system here in SA and I am not sure if it is the same as all states but if your child is to attned a public school in the are you live in then he will be intitled to go there no matter when you enroll him, with my ds he has changed schoold twice and both times they enrolled him the morning that he was starting as they were public and in our area, so they can not say no kwim, wtih private or independant schools that is when you need to enroll them a year or 2 or even more thatn that earlier so they get a place.

but yeah as Danni said ring the school and find out that is the safest way to make sure you wont miss out.

HTH

Good luck

in the valley of cuddles with mountains of smiles

you can enrol them in your public schools anytime but just make sure you don't miss the kinder orientation days usually held in 4th term.
    It is just putting their name down but so they can predict class numbers and teachers -the schol prefers earlier than last day of term 4.

Ah ok, cool

Public schools in NSW often have orientation as early as term 3 now, (we do) so ring them next term sometime and ask to be put on their list then they will send you any orientation info in advance.

hmmmm, see this is were I am worried. what If we do move to QLD, I have no idea where exactly we will be or what school he would be attending. So can I just turn up & say here he is?

Yes, if you go o QLD just turn up at the local school. Check their age for starting too as the states all seem to be different. I would look up the QLD education dept. website before you go.

Well in 2008 Evan will be 5 turning 6 so I am sure he would be right all over?

Yes I think he would be ok in any state. I would contact the school where you are now, Windsor somewhere?, next term in case you are staying cause then you can go to all the orientation things, then even if he doesn't end up going to that school at least he's had a look around at a school and he will have some idea of what to expect.

I would like for him to go to Richmond North Public. We are in Nth Richmond ATM & if we don't go to QLD I want to stay this side of the bridge when we move from this house.

My grandma lived at North Richmond! 2 of my aunty's still do, actually one of my cousins sent her kids to Richmond North before they moved to Coffs Harbour. I would drop into the school and explain the situation to them, I am sure they will be really helpful. I know my cousin was happy with the school, a good friend of mine is at Colo Heights school, I'll ask her what she knows about Nth Richmond too.