Thread: Who's kids are starting prep next week?

Default Who's kids are starting prep next week?

Ashlea is counting down the days until school starts, and while we are both excited about it, i'm also getting very nervous as it gets closer.

We've got everything, school uniforms, shoes, bag, lunchbox etc so now it seems so real!!

Who else's little ones are starting prep this year??

Hi - my Cait starts next Thursday ! I'm counting down, she's more interested in a friends birthday party on Saturday week !

We're all ready, almost, I need to label all of her clothes and I think thats it. And i want to her her hair cut.

It's only three hours for the first two days, then four days a week for a month or so.

I am going to CRY my eyes out ! how about you ?

Me too *sniff*

I'm almost organised... need to get a box of tissues (for her not me LOL) and I think thats the last thing on her list. Next is labeling her clothes, I've done her shoes and texta's and everything else.

Gotta get a hair cut here too... and I need to get colour matching hair accessories.

Here we have 3 hours for the first week (being wed-fri), 4 hours the next week, then fulltime minus wednesday's the week after that till March the 5th when she starts fulltime all week.

I can't believe it...

*hugs*
    Cailin

Kameron was meant to be but due to some speech/social issues (extremely shy) they are keeping him back in Kindy for another 6mths to help him mentally prepare a bit more.

Goodluck to all the little ones making their journey.

Love

I think i'll be all brave and tough and cool and calm and then come home on my own and cry

Cailin, is the texta's/stationary a requirment? We haven't had to get anything like that?

Also, at Ashlea's day care they have a fridge and all the kids food goes in there. I'm not sure what to do about lunches now? I've bought little ice packs to go in her lunch box but what happens with things like meat and cheese and yoghurt?? Any lunch or snack ideas would be great

Katherine, Kameron will get there when he's ready! Better off to give him the extra time than have him go when he's not ready. All the best with his kinder and speech

Barb, i have to label clothes too, thanks for reminding me. Her bag and drink bottle and lunch box and everything is done, just not clothes. I'm guessing just a black laudry pen will do the trick??

Yep we have a list...

Texta's
    Library Bag
    Pencil Case
    Tissues
    Art Smock (there's a standard one to buy from the uniform shop)
    Communication Folder (also purchased from the uniform shop)

All to be labeled and sent to school.

Every school is different though, then on top of that we have $40 book fee...

Kathryn it will go quickly and before you know it Kam will be making his journey and it will be you bawling at the gate

*hugs*
    Cailin

Oh Jillian I was just getting all teary reading your post !! I think I will be one of the mums that comes home then cries Although being a monday when he will start, Lachlan will going to playgroup after we have dropped Kameron to school

Love

Jillian, Ashlea is exactly the same. I was telling her that some kids get upset on their first day at school and cry cause they don't want their mums to go and she looked at me and said "WHAT???? WHY?? Are you serious? You don't have to stay mum, I won't cry"

She'd be embarrassed if i tried to hand around! She's had three 2 hour orientations and a half day and she loved it!

We start on Wednesday, how about everyone else??

We pay $200 for the year but that covers all the stationary and books, library bag etc and throughout the year if there are excursions, out of uniform days, plays etc we don't have to ever pay extra for them cause its all included.

7 sleeps to go here!

Gabrielle is starting Prep this year. She's sort of looking forward to it. She starts Monday.

Our little Kayla is starting next Thursday. I'm also a little nervous and I know it seems silly but I'm also just a little sad as I know now that my first little girlie girl is growing up and won't need me as much now.
    How do I get rid of this silly feeling??? :frown:

Raven

Raven, I don't think we can get rid of this feeling! It wont be long before they are teengers! I'm sure this feeling just gets worse as they get older

oh sniff i feel all teary reading this, i remember when josh started his first day of school, my firstborn, my baby and it just seems to have gone so quickly and here he is in grade 6 this year (and SCHOOL CAPTAIN) and yup he still needs me . big hugs to all you first time school mummas for that special day, it is so rewarding and gorgeous and nerve racking but just great. make sure you have lots of tissues in your bags and car and ask where people are meeting for coffee after and if they aren't suggest you all do
    big hugs beckles

OMG i'm in tears reading this because this time next year this will be me, Nick asks me every day when he can go to school, i'm dreading his first day because i know i will be a mess

Good luck ladies, i will be thinking of you

PMSL at Lochie strutting around. How cute.

I remember DD's first day of school last year. I barely made it out of the school before I cried LOL. DH is coming over for the first day this year, so will have to be strong and not cry...he will think I'm loony!

Lots of hugs for the first time mums out there. Hope all goes well

Nic