Thread: Handstitching

Default Handstitching

I've just made a patchwork bookmark, using up some old scraps of fabric that I really loved but couldn't bear to throw out! I want to do a blanket stitch right around the outside as there is a piece of batting in the middle to make it a bit thicker.
    Can I do a blanket stitch so that the stitch is on both sides of the bookmark? I've used a blanket stitch before sewing a piece of fabric onto something (my own version of applique..lol), but not to sew two things together. Is there a stitch that can do this? Wanted something that goes around the very edge of the fabric to kind of give it a border, rather than doing a stitch around the outside with a seam allowance (like a plain running stitch). I hope that makes sense...

There is a stitch. I used it to make felt elephants

I can't think of it now, it's in a folder, will have a look after I've pumped.

Come to think of it.... I think it is actually blanket stitch???

Thanks hun Someone else sent me a link to a blog/tutorial on blanket stitch. For some reason the thing I was appliqueing I used blanket stitch but the reverse side stitch looks completely different to the front side i shall unpick the mega mess I made and try again After all the time it took to handsew the patchwork bits together I don't want to stuff it up! Lol