Thread: Newbie sew-er! Patterns and ideas?

Default Newbie sew-er! Patterns and ideas?

OMG I've just started to get into sewing. When Jensen gives me a chance. I want to make clothes and nursery things and sell them. I just made 2 sleeping bags for the girls at mothers group. One was a christmas pressent and the other I sold.

I'm looking for patterns (preferably free - no money here!!)... I want to make things that look good and other ppl will want to buy (not for much).

Does anyone have suggestions?

Happy sewing!!

Rhianon,

This is a suggestion for later in the year but santa sacks is something you could sell. I saw some being sold at my local kids clothing store for $100, not particularly special apart from the childs name seemed to be printed on the sack.

Try googling ottobredesign. It's great

Otherwise you can try op shops as I've seen patterns at my local one or sewing magazines but they can be a bit exxy.

If you have a spotlight nearby they usually have patterns on sale. Join the spotlight club and you'll get mailouts of their specials.

Two words - CRAFT BLOGS!!! Google craft blog & you'llfind stacks of them & most will either link to the pattern or have patterns on their blog.