Thread: Overlocker suggestions?

Default Overlocker suggestions?

wasn't sure whether to put his here or in recommend a product....

I want to get an overlocker. Any suggestions? At the moment I've been to ld that Elna and Brother are good. I don't think I can afford a Bernina...

I don't really want to spend more than about $800

I have a Janome, it has great, not that I get much chance to use it these days. I think it was about $700 on special a few years ago (not sure it was a present). Janome tend to have good sales every so often, so if you can wait it is worth it.

Thanks Astrid, yes I have plenty of releatives close by who's machines I can use. they all have a different opinion on whats good etc, so I guess its a matter of trying them out and keeping an eye on prices. I am told mothers day nmight be a good time for sales..

I've just laybyed a Bernina 700d. The bit that clinched the deal was it is the only one with a 5 year warranty. I got it for the sale price they had before Christmas. Maybe do what I did and pout a bit and look sad that you missed out on the sale price

Hi Sam, where did you get it?

From my local sewing store. The sale was a Bernina promotion $749 reduced to $599.
    Try your retailer out and see how you go.
    I could always ask them if they'd do another one for a friend at that price if you have no luck.

Oh thats OK! I just thought if it were a chain store or something I'd have a look. But I'm not in too much of a hurry, so I might just keeo an eye out. Its always good to know what sale prices are though, so I know how low a store really can go. Thanks