Thread: Sewing gifts for friends

Default Sewing gifts for friends

If you were to use your sewing skills to make a gift for a friend (not for any particular occasion) what would you make?

Found a tutorial for some awesome fabric flowers, I thought about making some of them and then attaching a stem with wire in the middle so they were like real (but fake) flowers. Is that too tacky/stupid?

Or alternatively, if you were receiving a handmade/sewn gift what would you like to get?

Unique clothes/ baby clothes would be cool

One of the girls at work made a gorgeous draw string bag with flowery material on the inside, pink material on the outside, and DD's name sewn on diagonally across it with a few flowers too. It is my all time fave item from the work gift basket, and it is a perfect fit for 3 nappies, nappy bags, wipes and a small change mat. I use it all the time when I go out and get heaps of comments on it. Such a thoughtful and personal present.

Totally clothes for my children...

A cousin once mad my daughter a christmas dress, it was just beautiful! I was so touched that she took the time to make it, I had tears

Bags, clothes for kids, aprons (sounds old-fashioned but there are some way cool ones out there!), Softies for kids (and adults) or hats?

bags, clothes, nappies I've made pillows with minky, there are heaps of easy things to make but the time and effort we put in make them special

thanks for the ideas! I'll have to try them all out sometime! I guess the only thing I worry about is the choice of fabric..I like fairly "normal" fabric patterns/colours but I worry that they won't like it.
    I found a great tutorial on a blog for making fabric flowers so I'm going to make a bunch of them and add some stems with wire inside. Hopefully they look as good as I imagine them to be!
    If anyone is interested its a blogspot blog - Sew Ritzy~Titzy she added some to a bag and it looked pretty cool, you could also put them on clothing.