Thread: something special

Default something special

S IM NOT HAVING ANY MORE BABIES IM WANTING TO MAKE SOMETHING SPECIAL (doh caps) that signies my babies for me.....

I was going to make a quilt but im not that good at that sort of thing so was thinkiing smaller.....anyone got any idea's that I can try???

TIA

Are you good at embrodery, or needlework? Could you create individual cushion sized pieces that you could perhaps place a baking on? You could use them as wall hangings maybe?

Is it for you or the the kidlets?

Some ideas

cushions/pillows
    mini quilts (postcard size) that can be displayed in photo frames.
    lap quilts and baby quilts or wall hangings don't have to be that big, you might do something a4 size to put in a photoframe.
    I have just finished a family tree quilt for my MIL that has photos of all her kids plus an appliqued family tree on it with all their names which didn't tkae all that long (as in actual time on the quilt - time spent procrastinating about the quilt does not count )

oh I really like the wall hanging idea...great thinking

Sarah - its jsut for me babe.....how do you get pics on fabric????

If you give a few quilting shops around you a call they should have some fabric with paper backing you can put through a printer, I forget the name of it. they will either do it for you or you can buy the material and do it yourself. It is completely washable and you can sew over it and quilt over it, just looks like printed fabric!

thanks Sarah..id love pics of the kids are babies most of all...andhere i was thinking I might jsut go applicating instead..ahh bugger that lol

Let me know if you have trouble finding it and I will find out the proper name of it for you. Oh and don't tlet the people at spotters tell you the iron on is the same - it's not!

I haven't done it yet so I can't speak from experience but I've heard great things about "spoonflower". What they do is put your design onto fabric, so you could get a drawing the kids have done on the fabric then quilt that.....

See this is an old thread - but has anyone had any experience since with spoonflower - site looks good, and with the strength of Aussie Dollar to US at moment isn't too pricey - if you want the same image several times then you can get quite a few on a yard and that way prob works out cheaper than using the fabric paper.

I plan to use it shortly at least get a swatch and will report back anyway.

hey maz if ur still looking for the material to print on i might be able to get some cheap from MIL's shop