Thread: Change of heart by Jodi Picoult

Default Change of heart by Jodi Picoult

Has anyone read this one? It is Jodi Picoults newest novel. As usual i loved it yet questioned my own thoughts and feelings on it the entire way through!

I read it just recently too.I too questioned my own thoughts.
    I enjoyed it but I think she has done better, my favorites are harvesting the heart and tenth circle.what about you?

My favourite is my sisters keeper. I loved it despite spending most of the book with tears streaming down my face.

In Change of heart, they never actually explain the things that happened, the 'miracles' in the jail while Shay was in there. Are we meant to make our own minds up about that or is it meant to represent the "jesus" things, where obviously the end message is that Jesus died to save everyone, and basically Shay died to save Claire, even though he didn't do anything wrong?? I know through the whole book shay was meant to represent a jesus figure...
    OR.... do we really believe Shay's story, cause in the end it is his word against anyone else's, although he is made out in the book to not have been capable of murder, depsite the first impression we get of him.

And, imagine how the mother would feel knowing her daughter and step father were eternally burried together, and there was room for her to be buried with them when the time came, so now she has to choose between bring burried with her daughter and the step father who is supposebly a monster, or her first husband but not her daughter!

Oh god that book put my head in a spin!

This is next on my reading list! I love JP

I liked my sisters Keeper too.They are making it into a movie I heard.
    Ah yes I forgot about the whole being buried together thing!bit yucky!not sure what I would do!
    We seem to like the same books.What other authors do you like?

I don't have many other favourite authors apart from Jodi Picoult.
    I wish i had more time to read but i don't! I've been making it a priority lately though.

I love 'realistic' books or books bassed on a true story. I like books that make you think, make you questions your beliefs, ones that make you change your mind a hundred times over in the one book.

"I know this much is true' by Wally Lamb was great, and "First person, Plural" was also a really good read. (can't think who this was by)