Thread: Do you have the book I am after?

Default Do you have the book I am after?

Hi,

I'm after a 2nd hand book called "Taking Charge of your Fertility" by Toni Weschler. I have seen it online and was wondering where i could get one from? I have looked in the bookstores (QBD & Collins etc) and cannot find one even brand new! They retail for $39.95 online. (+ shipping).

Can anyone help me please?? Have you got this book and is it just sitting in your cupboard waiting to be sold? Or has your friend got this book and she doesn't use it anymore and wants to sell it?

I am happy to buy it brand new in the stores if i can find it, however 2nd hand is just as good!!! I can't justify paying $10.00 shipping when i don't have to.

Thanks so much,
    Ren

I think it has been on ebay recently... the auction may of ended though...
    Keep an eye on ebay though, they have great fertility books on there... good luck
    Leis xx

The bookstores should be able to order it in for you, have you asked them? When I bought mine (I no longer have it, sorry) I paid over $50 for a new copy.

I sold mine on ebay ages ago, its a pretty think book which is why the postage is so much.

RayRay - is it a really good read? Please let me know if you got lots out of it. I have read about it here on BellyBelly and seen it advertised but never actually been able to check out the book itself to flip through the pages (it's nice to flip through first!!)

Thanks, i'll check out e-bay too! Had a look there a few days ago and nothing but i'll keep checking.

If it's worth $39.95 then i will be happy to buy it new.

Renstar,

I had a copy but lent it to a friend who never returned it (grrrrr!).

It IS good, but the information is the same as can be found in any fertility book.

Have you checked your library for other fertility books?

Or you can download free fertility information from Fertility Friend (just Google it.)

"Natural Fertility" is another really good one, by Francesca Naish, as is "Getting Pregnant" by Anne Charlish. (I have copies of both of these if you want them!)

Yep, like Lucy said, the info is there is great, and it was extrememly helpful, but you can find most of the info online too and in other books.

Great book although I have never read it in person just parts on line. Found it really helpful when tracking fertility when ttc DS, you can sometimes flip through it online at Amazon or on some websites. Good luck

Thanks Girls, i'll check out Fertility Friend website. I have looked at that before just not properly. Is that the website that most of the girls on here use to chart their fertility when TTC? Just wondering... i've went off the pill 1mth ago now and i'm trying to start charting my cycle and be ready so that in 4-6 mths time when we TTC (which isn't too far away!) we will have some idea of my cycle by that stage....

Thank you!

Yes, Fertility Friend is the charting website: as far as I know it is the original and the best! Nearly all the girls on here use it.......

Thanks Lucy, yeah it's all a bit confusing at first when looking at the charts but i suppose the more i look at it and work it out the more sense it will make. :P