Thread: Great Book for first time mums...

kirsty_lee Guest

Talking Great Book for first time mums...

Hey girls!

When I first found out I was pregnant I read so many articles as well as some hand me down books from family members (that were so old). I found it so hard to read them, I just couldn't get into them. That was until I started reading one of the greatest books i've ever read. "Up the duff" by kaz cooke. Im not sure if any of you have read or heard about this book, but it honestly helped me see the lighter and funnier side of some of the things we go through during pregnancy & labour. It pretty much is a week by week journal of the authors journey from falling pregnant right through to giving birth. DP actually thinks its funny as I will sit there with my cup of tea reading this book and giggling out loud at all of the funny stuff this woman says. She pretty much writes what every woman thinks during a certain situation. I don't really want to give too much away in case some of you want to read it, but I definately recommend it to first time mothers who are a little bit nervous about what to expect. Its really helped me have a laugh, but it also is full of helpful facts and tips that every mother should be aware of. 10/10 girls. If anyone else has read this book I hope you have enjoyed it as much as I have.

yeah i read that book!! it was quite good! she also has a book on toddler taming but havent read that book but i would say its much like the pregnancy book..

i also read 'what to expect when expecting'.. it was also not a bad read either!

I liked it too KL, the only thing I would say though is that it wasn't a good preparation for actually giving birth. The second time around I read "New Active Birth" and found that REALLY helpful. I got the birth I wanted second time around. So my recommendation would be to read both.

I just got "up the duff" today,can't wait to read it.
    My cousin also gave me her copy of "what to expect when expecting".