Thread: Hannah's Gift: Lessons from a Life Lived Fully - Book Club Chatter

Default Hannah's Gift: Lessons from a Life Lived Fully - Book Club Chatter

To discuss a chapter you are currently reading please use large font in bold writing so those that are not up to that chapter can skim past your post. If you are replying to someone else about a certain chapter please do the same.

Still waiting on my copy to come in through the library. Hopefully next week sometime I will get my letter to say it is now available.

Love

UP TO PAGE 81

I got my letter the same day as my last post and picked up the book last night. I seriously can't put it down. I only read for just under an hour last night and already up to page 81. I love the really short chapters in it.

It must be a popular book, cause my copy is well worn and falling apart at the seams.

It is amazing how things happen for a reason with regards to her miscarrying the same day as Hannah needed the xrays, so that way she could be there with Hannah, and you could really feel the love and understanding between mother and daughter at her 3rd birthday party after the cake came out. It also does make you realise how quick some doctors are to just fob you off especially with a child of that age.

Love
    Last edited by Astrolady; September 29th, 2006 at 08:55 AM.

I have finished the whole book

I really did enjoy the way it was written, and I needed the tissues when Hannah's life finally slipped away. It still made good reading after her death as well with how her mother coped. From the depression days to the good days.

Love

I am yet to finish it but am enjoying it. I was reading it on the train on the way to work and had to stop as I kept tearing up - I was getting looks from people! When Hannah did pass - OMG the buckets of tears... I cannot believe how well Hannah coped with it - or seemed to.

in the valley of cuddles with mountains of smiles

Default Finished this book

I finished the whole book in a day and half and cried an ocean of tears I still pick it up every now and then.It helped me deal with some aspects of my own grief in losing Charlotte.