Thread: High Fidelity by Nick Hornby - Book Club Chatter

Default High Fidelity by Nick Hornby - Book Club Chatter

To Discuss a chapter you are currently reading please use large font in bold writing so those that are not up to that chapter can skim past your post. If you are replying to someone else about a certain chapter please do the same

At the end of the reading period (roughly 3 weeks) Please use THIS THREAD to post your review on the book as a whole and to give it a rating out of 5

ie CHAPTER 1

Hi Girls

how are we going with the new book ?? I really can't get into it I am afraid. Having said that though I am over half way through it. It reminds me of a good male friend of mine though so it makes it a tad easier to read if I look at it from his POV

Love

I am also 2/3's the way through and it is a bit strange isn't it? Do all men think like him?!

I am finding it very easy to read though.

Has anyone seen the movie?

I finished it off last night when Andrew went out, and have given my review... roll on next book LOL

Love

Hope you keep trying Kellie.

I have finished it too and will give my review.

Roll on the next book!!

katanya Guest

Unfortunately not many of us into this book are there?? what is next month's Kathryn so I can order it from the library?

I haven't chosen yet Katanya but I will be announcing it on the 15th. I heard someone mention the movie on Sunrise on Sunday Morning. They said how they really enjoyed the movie, and was going on about how he could see himself at Championship Vinyl flicking thru the records and mentioned about the Top 5 lists. I might just have to hire the movie out at some stage.

Love

katanya Guest

I have seen the movie it's actually really good, better than the book in a way, I kept seeing the actor as Rob..I thought I'd read it but I realised it's the movie I've seen...this is why I don't usually read book after seeing the movie it ruins the book!

Tigergirl1980 Guest

I just couldn't get into this book so I hardly read any of it. I don't think it helped that I've seen the movie.

How are we going with the book girls ??? I have next months one at the library waiting to be picked up.

Love

katanya Guest

I have started next months 8-[ ..it's a good one I am trying to slow myself down so I don't finish it before the end of the month..but don't think it's going to happen..it's VERY readable and interesting..