Thread: In the Middle of Nowhere by Terry Underwood ~ Book Review

Default In the Middle of Nowhere by Terry Underwood ~ Book Review

This month the Platinum Book Club is reviewing In the Middle of Nowhere by Terry Underwood

This autobiography is a “must read”. The remarkable journey of a young city convert following her man and his dream to the back of beyond involves the reader with rare intimacy. In one of the most remote locations in the world, you share their hopes and heartaches, joys and laughter, with emotions as deep as the love of Terry and John Underwood.
    How The Members Rated It - score out of 5

Astrolady -
    Tigergirl1980
    Nellbe - 3.5
    Iris -
    *Shannon* -
    Jillian -
    Ambah
    Christy -
    Sal -
    Mitch4now -
    Onelittleone -
    Fi -
    *Emma* -
    *TamaraSP* -
    Davesbubby -

If you wish to read the book, but are not a part of the Book Club please be warned that the following posts may contain spoilers for certain books.

Love

*TamaraP* Guest

Oooo, Can I be put on the list aswell???

ETA : I have found the book online - haven't had a chance to ring the library...but delivery of the book is unknown if I brought it!!???

Can I please also be added to the list?

Will get the book ASAP.

*TamaraP* Guest

Found ONE!!!

*TamaraP* Guest

Started reading it today... First Chapter was good, but second I got a little bored with the whole growing up story. I can't get my head around all these different names either!! - I am getting lost most of the time.

Though it is a good book, but I don't know if anyone else who is reading it yet finds it jumps from one thing to another quite quickly.

Okay - I have finished and I give it a 3.5.

it was captivating to start with, although a little hard to keep track of peoples names but really really good especially when I read all that they had been through. Towards the end I found like it was hard to read... like she was trying to cram in all the stuff she wanted to write. But it was good.

*TamaraP* Guest

Okay, I am giving it about a 2.5, and thats really cutting it for me.

I will be honest, I can't finish the book. I got so tired of all the rushing through stories and it jumping in every direction I just couldn't settle. The only time I was interested was when John was injured (bad I know).
    I think she is a great woman though and they bother deserve happiness!!