Thread: On, Off - Book Club Review December 05

Default On, Off - Book Club Review December 05

This month the Platinum Book Club is reviewing On, Off by Colleen McCullough

t’s 1965, and in Holloman, Connecticut, someone is preying on the innocent.

At a prestigious research centre for the neurosciences familiarly called the ‘Hug’, parts of a body are discovered. Very soon Lieutenant Carmine Delmonico of the Holloman Police learns that a string of horrifying disappearances, each fitting the same modus operandi as the Hug’s body, has been occurring throughout the state. Then another body is found, again linked to the Hug.

With the Hug’s hierarchies of power in turmoil and every member of its staff hiding something, Delmonico delves into the lives and pasts of each and every Hugger. It is the case of his career, and he is determined to solve it. But how do you find a monster who leaves no clues and is always two steps ahead?
    In On, Off, Colleen McCullough delivers an edge-of-the-seat thriller with many a twist and turn as the lives – and pasts – of those involved unravel. It’s a genuinely compelling read, guaranteed to keep you up all night.
    How The Members Rated It - score out of 5

Astrolady -
    Tigergirl1980
    Nellbe -
    Iris -
    *Shannon* -
    Katanya -
    Megan -
    Sarah_H
    Mum5boyz
    Dee73
    Jillian -
    Ambah
    Christy -
    Sal -
    Mitch4now -
    Onelittleone -
    Fi -
    *Emma* -
    Lea13 - 2

If you wish to read the book, but are not a part of the Book Club please be warned that the following posts may contain spoilers for certain books.

Love

Alright - managed to finish it!! It's a really difficult style of writing to get into and there are a huge amount of a characters to keep up with. There is absolutely no chance of working out who is the killer but when you do find out its pretty good. And there is, of course, a charming twist at the end which explains everything as well. All in all I enjoyed the story line but I can't say I actually enjoyed reading it!

I thought I'd pop in and review it even though I think I was the only one reading it LOL. I'd probably give it a 2.

Yay at my first month!! Now I have to go and get the book for January!