Thread: On, Off by Colleen McCullough - Book Club Chatter

Default On, Off by Colleen McCullough - Book Club Chatter

To Discuss a chapter you are currently reading please use large font in bold writing so those that are not up to that chapter can skim past your post. If you are replying to someone else about a certain chapter please do the same

At the end of the reading period (roughly 3 weeks) Please use THIS THREAD to post your review on the book as a whole and to give it a rating out of 5

ie CHAPTER 1

Who has the book ?? I have had it for a week, but haven't opened it of yet. Hopefully I will get some quiet time over the weekend to start it.

Love

Well I have opened the book now but I don't think I am going to be finishing it. I can't get into it. It also has to be back today which is the other thing LOL. For some reason I only got a 2wk loan on it instead of a 4wk one. Probably cause it is a newer book. So I wont be rating this one as I really haven't had the time or read enough of it to give it a chance.

Love

Hey Everyone!

I've decided to join in and just got the book over the weekend. I've just started to read it. Is any one else reading?

woohoo @ joining us Natalea. I really couldn't not get into it. I gave it 2 go's but my book is on a 14 day loan too, and was meant to go back thursday

Love

I'm pretty happy about joining as well!! I'm a big reader and this will keep me motivated hehe and get me reading somethings I may not have normally read!

It does seem rather interesting so far - I've only read about 20 or 30 pages but I'm finding the style of writing very different to say the least.

Yes I think the style of writing is what turned me off. Just making it hard to follow

Love

CHAPTER ONE

Not sure if any one is really reading the book this month especially with it being Christmas and all. But I've read the first chapter (which was rather long) and thought I would post. I've found the style of writing very hard to get into thought I'm not minding the storyline even if it is a tad confusing (or maybe it's just my baby brain LOL!). There are so many characters to keep up with though!! I'm going to keep reading and see how far I get through it!!

I managed to get through Chapter 1 and didn't get any further than that I am afraid. I took the book back this morning, so definitley wont be getting any further LOL. I too found it all confusing trying to keep up with everyone and I can't blame preggie brain LOL

Love

I am another one that just can't get into this book.... I won't be going further that the first chapter either and have already taken it back to the library!

Oh well, roll on next month!

LOL I don't think anyone is reading it this month!

I'm determined to finish it hehe - I think I'm about half way through. It's really difficult to keep reading but at least the story line is decent! Can't wait till next months though!