Thread: Rebecca's World - Terry Nation

Default Rebecca's World - Terry Nation

When I was a kid someone gave me this book as a present and I read it until it fell to bits. I loved it so much and I have never been able to find it. So I looked on Amazon recently and got a hard backed copy shipped over (second hand but good condition).

I'm so excited as I received it today and DD1 and I are going to start reading it tonight. It is an amazing story. Has anyone else read it or loved it as a kid too?

(Trivia - Terry Nation invented the Daleks on Dr Who)

Quote Originally Posted by Nai View Post
    When I was a kid someone gave me this book as a present and I read it until it fell to bits. I loved it so much and I have never been able to find it. So I looked on Amazon recently and got a hard backed copy shipped over (second hand but good condition).

I'm so excited as I received it today and DD1 and I are going to start reading it tonight. It is an amazing story. Has anyone else read it or loved it as a kid too?

(Trivia - Terry Nation invented the Daleks on Dr Who)
    I have to confess Ive never heard of it, I clicked ont his thread only cos I knew who Terry Nation was..

What is the book about?

It is about a little girl who is transported to a strange planet through her father's telescope. It is a comic, sci-fi, fantasy for kids with a strong environmental message that was ahead of its time. It is a really lovely, book. Everyone I have heard of who read it as a child says that it is their favourite or one of their favourite books.

I am reading it to DD1 at the moment a chapter or 2 each night before bed and she is loving it too