Thread: A Wedding in December - Book Club Chatter

Default A Wedding in December - Book Club Chatter

To Discuss a chapter you are currently reading please use large font in bold writing so those that are not up to that chapter can skim past your post. If you are replying to someone else about a certain chapter please do the same

At the end of the reading period (roughly 3 weeks) Please use THIS THREAD to post your review on the book as a whole and to give it a rating out of 5

ie CHAPTER 1

whole book

I have read the whole book. It was only on a 14 day loan from our library. Speaking of which must find it and take it back LMAO.

I actually didn't mind it. Took a bit of getting used to swapping between Harrison, Agnes, etc from chapter to chapter and I actually enjoyed the story within the story too. The book Agnes was writing about the Halifax disaster. I found that it ended really abruptly though and was left wondering what happened after ie did Agnes ever finish the book and see Jim again, did Harrison go back to his normal happy life and never see Nora again, how long did bridget survive for etc etc.

FIRST 100 PAGES

I skipped your post Kathryn as I haven't read it all yet. I am finding it hard to concentrate on and feel it is written in a very disjointed way? Also I cannot understand why there is the 2nd story going on as well? Anyway, I'll keep ploughing through it. I must say the inn sounds lovely to stay at!

WHOLE BOOK

I have finished it too and I am a bit taken aback by the abrupt end of it... so many questions! I was alittle disappointed with the quality of the writing, as I have liked a previous book of hers (The Pilots Wife).

Oh i love that movie Jillian

Love

Was Pilots Wife a movie?

Yep sure is, called The Pilots Wife.... (if it is the same)

The pilot dies and the wife finds out that he actually had another family.... is that what the book is about.??

Love

Yeah it is - I must check it out!