Thread: A Wedding in December - Book Club Review

Default A Wedding in December - Book Club Review

This month the Platinum Book Club is reviewing A Wedding in December by Anita Sherve

A Wedding in December brings together a group of prep school friends more than 20 years later at an inn in western Massachusetts. The inn is owned by Nora, who married a famous poet and is now widowed, and she's hosting the marriage of Bill and Bridget. They were high school sweethearts who married other people before discovering each other again. Bridget, though, has breast cancer and is undergoing chemotherapy. The other friends include Harrison, who is still is haunted by the drowning death of a friend back in their senior year, and Agnes who is now a teacher at the prep school. Agnes is writing a novel based around the explosion during World War I that devastated Halifax, Nova Scotia, and her novel within the novel parallels the lives of her friends and may expose the secret Agnes still carries with her
    How The Members Rated It - score out of 5

Astrolady - 3
    Tigergirl1980
    Nellbe - 2
    Iris -
    *Shannon* -
    Katanya -
    Megan -
    Sarah_H
    Mum5boyz
    Dee73
    Jillian -
    Ambah
    Christy -
    Sal -
    Mitch4now -
    Onelittleone -
    Fi -
    *Emma*
    Bathsheba -

If you wish to read the book, but are not a part of the Book Club please be warned that the following posts may contain spoilers for certain books.

Love

I quite enjoyed it, even Agnes story within the book. Found it ended really abruptly though and was left with many questions.

Love

I give this a 2.

I found it hard to read... the story within a story only made sense at the end and I agree with Kathryn - it did abruptly and why do books so that?