thread: 4 Ingredient recipes

Aug 2007
    Melbourne - west

4 Ingredient recipes

Howdy, does anyone use these books? I have both of them and just tried a beaut recipe from the 2nd book. It uses puff pastry, strawberry jam, whipped cream and icing sugar.

Thaw out pastry sheet and roll out the pastry with rolling pin, ***** everywhere with a fork pop back into fridge for 15 mins. Then bake on both sides 8 mins each.

Then cut into 4 slices longways, spread one with jam, the other with cream. put together like a sandwich and add icing sugar on top.

So yummy, I ate most of it...

Sep 2008
    Croydon, Victoria

I havnt seen or heard ofthese books, I must get me one! That recipe sounds so so easy and equally as naughty....

Aug 2007
    Melbourne - west

Yeah in every good book shop. each book is about 20 bucks. The recipe is called matchsticks i think, in the red book (2nd one)... Have also made a pineapple cake using just 4 ingredients with condensed milk for icing. Yum.

Oct 2006
    Adelaide, SA

does it have savoury recipes in the book too?

Aug 2007
    Melbourne - west

yes sweet, savoury, kids, even pets and tips.

Nov 2006
    Atop the lookout...

The Boy's Mum has one of these books, and the Boy cooks from it sometimes (at his Mum's house), and they both like them very much. I haven't got them, but have been meaning to look at them, maybe in the library first..

Oct 2008
    Canning Vale, Perth

Yep i have one that was given to me, dont use it cause i think its abit misleading cause its just 4 ingredients for the MAIN meal...then u gotta add your sides or salad or whatever....yes i am slack and wanted a whole meal with 4 ingredients lol
    its called 4 ingredients by kim mccosker and rachel bermingham

Dec 2006
    Melbourne

there is also a womens weekly version which has yummy stuff too

BellyBelly Member

Jun 2005
    Sydney

Very, very worthwhile investment. Grabbed mine for about $15.

If you have foxtel, the lifestyle channel have the two ladies whom wrote the recipies hosting their own show, and making dishes outta the books. Im more inspired when i watch the show than read the books.

Ive got V1.....i know there is a V2 (red cover) but im no where near getting thru V1 yet LOL.....