Thread: Beautiful salad recipes???

Default Beautiful salad recipes???

Hi guys!

We are having DHs family over on the weekend for tea and I'm after some really yummy salad recipes? Has anyone got any special salads that they make?

(Who knows what else we will have WITH the salads but I just thought I'd start with salad ideas and then hopefully my inspiration will grow from there!- or not!)

Inspire me girls!

Roasted pumpkin (roast smallish chunks in olive oil and garlic) then add baby spinach and pine nuts.

Potato salad with fried bacon and Paul newmans Ranch dressing.

Cous cous salad.

HTH

Mango salad - cut up mango, add tomatoes and shredded basil then toss with some olive oil, balsamic vinegar, salt, pepper and a tiny bit of caster sugar.

Thanks Nat and Dach! mm mm mmmm....

This is my most favourite salad in the world!! Delish...

Fried noodle salad:
    -1 Chinese Cabbage, or savoy cabbage (shredded finely)
    6 Green Onion (chopped 5mm length)
    100g Lightly roasted slivered Almonds or Pinenuts
    1 pkt Chang’s Fried Noodles 100g (Original or Onion Flavoured)

Dressing:

cup White Vinegar
    1/4 cup Castor Sugar
    1 tblsp Chang’s Soy Sauce
    2 tsp Chang’s sesame oil (Optional)
    cup Olive Oil

Mix all the ingredients of the Dressing in a bowl. Stir well until sugar is dissolved. Combine the Cabbage, chopped Green Onions and almonds in a salad bowl. Add dressing and mix well. Just before serving add the noodles and toss thoroughly.

Amelia Guest

Kellieem - I do this one as well!! I got it off the back of the noodles packet!!

we went to sizzlers this week and they had a rocket salad with prawns and mandarin.. *lick* it was really good.. so now we are adding that to our menu for Xmas day

ok I have two I wil just have to remeber how they go

warm chicken and mango
    marinade chicken in half a jar of mango chuntney and a few tea spoons of garlic ( as much or as little as you like) I leave it for over night or just make it that morning and cook that night.

Cook chicken slice add on top of lettus avacado and orange slices mix together poor on dressing ( two tablespoons of mango chuntney and two table spoons of lime juice and olive oil if not runny enough then add more juice or olive oil

Greek salad

I pkt of flat pasta about 375g's cook and let cool
    slice 10 roma tomatos line in a tray lightly cover with olive oil suger and salt cook for about 1.5 hrs or until caramalised.let cool
    mix greek dressing with a teaspoon of garlic and .5cup of chopped basil. shake
    add all together with bag of summer lettus, crutons and sliced red onion
    dont add dressing until the very end

I make both of these as main meals in summer DH loves the greek one better the next day

Kellie and Tali- they sound great. Thanks for taking the time to post.

Nic- anything with prawns is always a winner in our house!

Fairamay Guest

I make this really yummy pasta salad...it use to be normal pasta, but now I make it with wholemeal pasta....

I just add, either roughly dice or chop these ingredients, as much as desired:

Three or 4 bean mix
    Capsicum
    Snow Peas
    Zucchini
    Frozen Peas (1/2 cup in boiled water for couple of mins)
    Celery
    Parsley

I either dress with Paul Newmans Basalmic Vinegar Dressing, or a mix of Olive Oil & Lemon Juice (fresh is best), S & P if you wish...this is yummy and small amount is filling.

Roast Pumpkin, Caramalised bacon & onion, goats cheese & rocket Salad!

I like to make Layer Salads rather than tossed in a bowl. As I find they just look prettier and for some reason my kids eat more when served on a platter.

Pink Salad (obviously).

3-4 eggs (hard Boiled)
    1 tin of Baby Beets
    1 small block of kraft "Cheddar" from the aisle with cream cheese (not in deli)
    Whole Egg Mayo

Chop up everything in similar sizes and mix with Whole Egg Mayo, everyone I know LOVES this salad. Even those beetroot haters LOL!

I too love crunchy asian salad, similar recipe as mentioned.

Thai Beef Salad but I have a corriander hater in this house so I can't have it too often, so I incorporate a greek lamb salad instead

Roast Veg Salad with Hommus. Roast potato, pumpkin, sweet potato and onion in a dish with some crushed garlic. Allow to cool and make a dressing with Hommus and cooled chicken stock and olive oil. Drizzle over and enjoy

A recent fav: Jamie Oliver's Pea, Mint, Feta and Spinach salad.

Cooked, cooled peas (frozen of course!), big handfuls of mint and parsley roughly chopped, baby spinach, feta crumbled, squeeze of lemon, drizzle of oil, bit of pepper and you can add nuts (pinenuts or pumpkin seeds) if you like.

Very nice. More of a side salad than a main dish.

I love:

Roast pumpkin and couscous salad - basically roast pumpkin, coucous in veggie stock and parsley.
    Pear and blue cheese salad - handful of rocquette, sliced pears, crumbled blue goats cheese, hadnful of toasted sunflower seeds drizzled with oil (I use truffle oil but EV olive is just as nice).
    Beetroot salad - Bunch of baby beets (baked), ruby grapefruit and blanched asparagus.

Yummo, I could live on salads!!!