Thread: Bread Recipes

Default Bread Machine Recipes

Ok well I scored a bread machine from a friend on the weekend, so I need some recipes!

I would love a cheese & olive bread recipe, and marc loves cornbread but I'm not sure if its worth doing it in the bread machine. I have a hankering for cheese, bacon & chive cornbread to go with a nice lamb & barley soup I'll make next week in the slow cooker. And if anyone has a tried and true fruit/raisin loaf recipe (not just one you googled LOL!) I would love that! Bread is such an art so I definitley want recipes you've made or someone has made for you.

THANKS!

*hugs*
    Cailin

Bread making is definitely an art form and I am still so hit and miss with mine. I have 2 here. Bit extravangant I know but I have one for my bread only and Pete has one that was given to us that he makes bread in also for his. I have tried fruit loaf in mine only but it didn't work - I think more to the fact that it's gluten free more than anything.

I know I am not much help... I have made sundried tomato and pesto in mine also but I am afraid that was from a mix so I can claim no credit to that.

I know you don't want recipes but I do have my manual with recipes in you'd like some of those posted?

Sure nell, post away matey!

I made our first loaf last night, using a packet mix! Its great! And alot cheaper too, we've decided its fresh bread for us from now on! I just need to get a bread slice gauge...

I can't wait to make pizza dough, brioche, pasta, rolls... the list goes on! Oh and ours makes Jam so thats on the list too!

*hugs*
    Cailin

Cai, I have made jam and marmalade very sucessfully in mine.......(we used to have a lemon tree in our old garden and I became the lemon lime marmalade queen of the street!) Let me know if you need recipes?

In terms of "tried and true" ours gets used heaps for pizza dough, and plain white crusty.....we have homemade soup and homemade bread most monday nights! (I use the Lauke (sp?) packet mix for a plain loaf.....can't go wrong!)

I have made hot cross buns once.......disaster.....LOL

My all time fave tried and true recipe is "Bacon, Onion & Beer Bread".........let me know if you want that recipe?

BTW, what brand is your bread machine? The one prob with sharing recipes is they seem to vary from machine to machine IYKWIM? Does yours have a menu/timer that tells you how long each option is? Does it have a function where it beeps to tell you to add stuff (like nuts and fruit)?

Tigergirl1980 Guest

Oooh the bacon, onion and beer bread sounds good. I have bread maker too and it makes THE best pizza dough. I mainly just use the packets of bread mix, I know it's cheating, but maybe I'll go out on a limb and do something different not

Bacon, Onion & Beer Bread

100ml flat beer
    100ml water
    20g margerine, melted
    1/2 cup chopped onions
    1/2 cup chopped bacon, cooked, but not too crisp
    1 tablespoon dry English mustard
    450g plain flour
    1 tablespoon sugar
    1 tablespoon skim milk powder
    1.5 teaspoons salt
    1 teaspoon bread improver (you can buy this in supermarkets I think,I get mine from a Breadmaker supply shop)
    1.5 teaspoon dried yeast

~ Place beer and water in bread pan
    ~ Add marg, onion and bacon and stir to combine
    ~ In a separate bowl, combine mustard, flour, sugar & skim milk powder & bread improver, then add to bread pan
    ~ Add yeast on top
    ~ Cook on a "Basic" (approx 3 hour setting: mine goes for 3 hrs and 10 mins)

Sorry Cailin, I can't find the ruddy manual, once I do find it I'll post some things.

Default Bread Recipes

Hi Girls ,

I am going to pull out the trusty breadmaker this weekend and give it a whirl!

Does anyone have any good recipes?.

Thanks