Thread: Can anyone recommend a baby and kids cook book?

Default Can anyone recommend a baby and kids cook book?

I am looking for a baby and kids cook book to give a friend as a gift for christmas, anyone out there got a good one they can recommend?

The Womans Weekly one is pretty good. I use it all the time.

DoubleK Guest

i was about to reply the same thing Lulu2, its excellent. i also just love looking at the pictures, they are just beautiful! (sorry, its the photographer in me!)

Hi, My Mum gave me a book called Cooking for Your Baby, The Natural Way, by Laraine Toms. I suspect she has had it since my brother and I were kids, as the date on the price sticker on the back says April 89! I think its a great book, and have used it often for ideas, or as a reference.
    Another pretty good book I have been given (mainly to try and change what my 10yo step son eats, who suffers from Aspergers), is Positive Food for Kids by Dr Jenny O'Dea.

We've got the WW one too and a family circle one. They're both good but I prefer the WW one.
    We also have the kid's party cakes book from WW and I love it. I start looking at it about 2 or 3 months before the boy's birthdays lol. I'm going to be shattered when they're old enough to choose their own and I just have to follow orders instead choosing myself and if they ever want a Lollipops party or similar where the cake is provided I think I'll cry....

LOL Dachlostar- i remember as a kid searching through that book for months before my birthday trying to pick out a cake.

Thanks for the ideas ladies.....

Taia's Mum Guest

I have 'wholesome meals for babies and toddlers' by parragon publishing. I LOVE it! It tells you all about first foods, what babies need in their diet, all the way to fussy eaters! And it has recepies for babies through to 4years plus! It's not a massive book but it has really helped me understand solids!

I can't remember the name, but it's by Annabelle Carmel & it's great, we still use it now for family dinners.