Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Catering for a Christening

I had thought about that Ryn but after the drama with Dad last week I'm not keen on having anything at his place and IL's don't like having visitors (which I can understand) so I'm kind of stuck having it somewhere (which is fine). I'd love a smaller thing for close people but as we hardly get over to SA any more we would then have to spend the whole week going from place to place so it's much easier to make everyone come to us in one hit

Mary - I had thought about going to Michele's. I'm glad you said they were good - I might have to get some quotes from them when I'm at the shops on Sat!

heya MG,

I was going to sugest Michelles too I got a cake from them for Grace's birthday last year and it was yummy, I also wanted to let you know I have a great cake lady that makes such yummo cakes she did our wedding cake and has done both christening cakes and all of our bday cakes except graces last year as she wanted ciderella and saw a pic at michelles and how could I say no LOL her prices are really great she works from home so no overheads and does a beautiful job. she is in the southern subs reynella so I dont know if that is a bit far depends on where you are I guess. otherwise deffinately go with michelles their prices are great and the cake is really good.

I think you are on the right track with the food perhaps if you are really concearned about some dietry requirements of others attending put some plain things out and let them organise themselves ie: plain rolls a green salad some fresh cold meats that sort of thing and then they can make their own roll and have what they like on it.

For Grace and Peiters christenings we have done pretty much what you have mentioned, we ordered coktail pies pasties and sausage rolls from villis on south road, and just heated them, we also ordered some subs form subway and then had finger thigs like frankfurts that sort of thing and it went really well, also some fish and chip or chicken and chip shops do fresh roast meats and vegies I went to a friends party last week and thats what they had and it was a hit and did not cost them all that much and was very easy.

Let me know if you want any research done I can certainly do that for you being in SA.

good luck

MG, sorry I am late replying to this.

Someone else mentioned the CWA. Also, depending on the church, the Ladies Auxiliary might be able to help you out for a small fee. You could hire out the hall next to the church and have it there. Easy.

We had William christened at home and my Mum helped with the food but I considered doing the church hall thing too.

Oh Amy - you're brilliant! Why didn't I think of Villi's????? I LOVE Villies!!!!! I might have to take you up on the offer to help depending on how my MIL goes with things! The cake lady in Reynella would be great too as my BF lives close to there so can pick it up on her way...

Melbo -I had thought about using the ladies Aux from the Church but we're not having it in the Church (it's my IL's church group and FIL is one of the pastors so we're actually not having it IN the Church - I'm prob not making any sense!)...

I will try to find the pics of some cakes she has done for us and email them to you if I can find my USB cable for the printer grrrr I hate moving house LOL. and she is lovely I love going there she is always on super mode and is really funny. and she will make just about anything you want she is really clever.
    and yup I am a fan of villi's yummo infact I am craving a vegi pasty right now LOL.

and as I said I am happy to help just let me know what i can do but for now I will email you Francis' number so that you have that if you want to go through her, I will also have a hunt for the pics etc and see if I can email them to you

she makes the best black forest cake and tirimasu oh to die for it really is so so yummy at my brothers 30th I ordered a 2 teir black forest cake with chocolate shards around the sides and she filled the sides up with choc fudge and fresh berries then put shards of toffee all over the top and I tell you everyone got a huge peice of cake and still came looking for more the whole thing got eaten lol
    Last edited by *Elle*; February 3rd, 2007 at 04:30 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12