Thread: Chicken & Veg pie?

Question Chicken & Veg pie?

Does anyone have a nice receipe for chicken & veg pie?

morgan78 Guest

I make a white cheesy sauce
    fry off a chicken breast (diced) and sliced mushrooms
    Add to white sauce with some frozen peas & corn
    Pour into pie dish
    Top with frozen puff pastry
    Cook in oven for 20 - 30 mins at 210.

This recipe is for individual ones, they are easy and we make them about one a fortnight they are sooooo yummy! From taste website- it is my saving grace in the kitchen!

Ingredients
    1 tbs olive oil
    30g butter
    500g chicken breast fillet, cut into 2cm chunks
    1 leek, white part only, finely sliced
    1 garlic clove, crushed
    1 tbs flour
    1/3 cup (80ml) white wine or water
    1 cup (250ml) chicken stock
    1/2 cup (125ml) thick cream
    1 large carrot, peeled, cooked, diced
    1 large potato, peeled, boiled, diced
    1 cup frozen peas, cooked
    1 tbs chopped fresh or 1/2 tsp dried tarragon
    4 sheets puff pastry, thawed
    1 egg, lightly beaten

Method
    Heat the olive oil and butter in a frypan over medium heat, add the pieces of chicken and cook until lightly browned and almost cooked through. Transfer chicken to a plate and set aside. Add the leek and garlic to the pan and cook over low heat for 2-3 minutes or until softened. Add the flour and cook for 1 minute. Add wine and bring to the boil for 1 minute, then pour in stock and cream and cook, stirring, for a further 5 minutes over medium-low heat.
    Return chicken to pan with cooked vegetables and tarragon, season well, then set aside to cool.
    Preheat the oven to 200?C.
    Cut four 18cm squares from the pastry, reserving off cuts. Place some chicken mixture in the centre of each square, then lift up the sides of the pastry to form a parcel, pinching edges together to seal. Cut out leaf shapes from the pastry offcuts and place over the joins. Make a small pastry rose for the centre of each parcel.
    Place parcels on a baking tray lined with baking paper. Brush with beaten egg and bake for 25 minutes or until golden.

Source
    delicious. - July 2003 , Page 82

ETA: I also add lots of other vegies like corn, peas and beans.

Ok 1st off I am NOT a cook so this is my cheats why for chicken and vege pie....

I buy a JAR of CHICKEN TONIGHT I like the creamy ones so country chicken or chicken and musrooms work well...

Anyway brown chicken add jar of sauce and mix in vege's mushies coliflower(sp?) peas corn whatever you like really cover in sauce...

I make indervial(sp?) pies so like a parstie so once mix is cool and just cut ( frozen pastry ) in half to make to triangles, put mix in the middle, fold over and press together with fork cook for half hour and you are all done very yummy kids get all the vege they need with out knowing they are eatting any.....