Thread: creamy garlic prawns

Default creamy garlic prawns

Does anyone have a recipe for garlic prawns like you can get in restaurants - Creamy garlic prawns served with rice?

Bridie .. HMMM Prawns .. This is our standard creamy garlic sauce that you could pour over the prawns :

Lightly fry onion, garlic, add cream, and a really "good" chicken stock cube, add some white wine, ohhh it is so yum ...

hth

DH lightly fries green prawns with garlic and adds cream and parsley (we got the recipe from an Italian restaurant in ACT)

Fry up some chopped spring onions, heaps of garlic and a chopped chilli (if you like a bit of zing!) then add green prawns. Toss till prawns nearly cooked through then add cream and stir still slightly thickened (not too long or the prawns will overcook) Yummm!

(Geez, I'm good on the amount of ingredients and times aren't I!)

this is how I used to make it when I was working

lightly fry some garlic dont allow to brown add thickened cream bring to boil then simmer till it reduces ( sometimes I added finely diced onion but it depends on you preference) then remove from heat
    in another frypan fry off green prawns (whole or just the meat or with only tail) with more garlic...till they change color keep tossing turning also dont allow them to stew in you have a small fry pan do them in batches when cooked add them to the cream mix and heat over low heat

I like to make the garlic cream a day ahead then use when I need it also freezes nicely without the prawns

superb also when you add marinara mix/bugs/etc and serve over a steak or chiken

fry some garlic, then add white wine let it reduce a little bit add cream and then let reduce again.
    add green prawns until cooked...
    use jasmine rice or basmati rice(i think jas is better with garlic prawns)

This sound really yummy and easy. I think I'm going out now to buy the ingredients