Thread: Duck Fat? - where to buy

Default Duck Fat? - where to buy

Really want to do those yummy crispy roast potatoes this weekend that are cooked in duck fat - but where would you buy duck fat?

Thanks in advance.
    x

My local IGA stocks lots of alternative deli food including Duck Fat - I don't know if all IGA's are the same though but you could try ...

Coles stock it in the meat section

Thanks guys!

Contact Luv a Duck who are wholesale and retail in quite a few buthers for your closest stockist. Costco also have it if you ever go there.

Yup the Luv a duck brand seems to be the most readily available one. I've seen it at Coles, delicatessens and some butchers.
    Enjoy...duck fat spuds are YUM!!

Thank you. Can't wait to give them a go, DH found some in a deli so will be doing the whole roast beef, roast potatoes, yorkshire puddings on the weekend for friends.....

And you can strain and put back into the container and freeze

But if you want to use it for other things other than potatoes you might want a new container. It's usually around $5 tub so we get two Lasts forever. And then I'll use the other one for caramalising onions for french onion soup or other things that requires duck fat. Noms

Just a quick question Rouge - with the potatoes, I was going to parboil the potatoes, drain, then add the duck fat and shake the saucepan to give the potatoes a rough edge then bake at about 200 c for 45 mins - is this what you do - how much duck fat do you add?

Thank you.

What I do is put the duck fat in the oven at about 220-250 in a roasting pan while i parboil the potatoes for about 8 minutes (put the potatoes in boiling water). Then I drain the potatoes and season and shake in the saucepan to roughen the edges, then slowly and carefully add the potatoes to the hot fat. Then check every 15 or so and it should take just on or over an hour. I do about 1 cm even of duck fat, so just check and see how much your pan needs and add more if needed then take note of how much you use. But you really can do it in a little or a lot. It's up to you.

Great, thanks !