Thread: Easter Baking/cooking..what are you doing?

Default Easter Baking/cooking..what are you doing?

Nic

I have been inspired by a yummy looking choc cake in this months delicious magazine. It also has a really nice looking hot cross bun bread (I might try it in the bread maker). A couple of years ago we made milk arrowroot bunnies- may be nice for your big DD. We iced them pink then added halved marshmellows for ears, teeth lollies for teeth, M and ms for eyes and split musk sticks for ears. My fav food website taste.com has heaps of easter recipes and in the forums a discussion on what people make at Easter.....
    Your dd may also like to make nests- melted choc mixed with Chang's fried noodles and shaped into a nest shape. When cool, place a couple of small Easter eggs inside.

I plan to make little sugar eggs (dairy free) because the ones in the shops are all huge and I dont want Em to have a huge one. I need to go to the shops and get the moulds though, anyone know where to get them?

Caramel (rolo egg) filled cupcakes with chocolate fudge icing always get made around easter here. Hot cross buns obviously, and sometimes an easter chocolate truffle cake decorated with speckled eggs Hot Cross Buns (especially the choccky ones) make AWESOME bread and butter pudding, and you can also get decadant and do hot cross bun french toast

Ali those moulds you can get from spotlight.

I'll lift out all my easter recipes and share with you

Caramel (rolo egg) filled cupcakes with chocolate fudge icing always get made around easter here. Hot cross buns obviously, and sometimes an easter chocolate truffle cake decorated with speckled eggs Hot Cross Buns (especially the choccky ones) make AWESOME bread and butter pudding, and you can also get decadant and do hot cross bun french toast

Ali those moulds you can get from spotlight.

I'll lift out all my easter recipes and share with you

Nic - yep, the recipe I found online looks fairly easy - they had pics of kids doing them. I am going to do a chocolate free easter for the girls this year, because it can be so hard to stop Em from getting to what Sarah has.

I'm doing dairy free easter eggs.... I bought the molds at Spotlight & I'm going to melt some dairy free chocolate and mix in some mini marshmallows....

I have a marshmallow recipe that you do a huge slice of marshmallow and then you can cut it out with cookie cutters, maybe decorate with coloured sugar?

i plan on making strawberry and peppermint filled little eggs and Easter Egg biscuits on sticks.

if i get my moulds back intime also those bunnies you see in the shops.

Oh!! When I was little we would dye easter eggs... dipping them in hot food colouring etc and sticking stickers on hard boiled eggs (still in shells) and then we would hide those in the garden & have an easter egg hunt.