Thread: Easy peasy lazy Mum meals... help!

Default Easy peasy lazy Mum meals... help!

Can you please help me with some recipes to make in large amounts that is good food for little tummies? I don't like to cook every day, so I'm after meals I can divide up & freeze. My dd is 17 months.

I have a slow cooker, big stockpot, a schlemmertopf & a couple of big casserole dishes if that helps!

TIA!

Last edited by Cilmum; March 26th, 2007 at 03:54 PM.

I usually cook a heap of vegies and then a bit of mince and freeze it all in ice cubes. Then I just pull out some and add pasta, or I just pull out the veg and add chicken. Tonight I got out some of the vegies and gave her sausage and a bit of a left over jar. I am a lazy cooking mum too, gets a bit much having to do different things for everyone!
    another one I haven't done for a while is just cook some lamb (lamb shank maybe) and heaps of veg in the slow cooker , or other slow cooker recipes (maybe a mild curry) and then give it with rice or pasta.
    hope that is of some use xo

We love spaghetti, curries, stirfries (as long as there's no cabbage it goes yuck in the freezer), risottos, soups. Just about anything!

I'm loving fillings inside pastries (puff, filo) right now. Chicken, mushrooms, onion and cream (can sprinkle some french onion soup sachet in to add more flavour) cooked together is one good filling, spag bol, tuna morney....all can be wrapped in pastry and frozen for a quick and easy meal served with roast or steamed veg, mashed pototo, salad...