Thread: Feta on pizza question ... Can anyone help ??

smiles4u Guest

Question Feta on pizza question ... Can anyone help ??

Hi all,

I made a pizza last night with tomato paste on the pizza base with diced onion, sliced mushrooms, red capsicum, spinach leaves, oregano and for the first time i put Feta cheese on (bought from the deli in which i cut into small cubes then placed on the pizza) BUT the feta wasn't soft on the pizza when we ate it, almost like we couldn't taste it

... Could it be that i had the pizza in the oven that bit too long that the Feta could actually dry up and not be melt in your mouth soft ??

and should i put more like chunks and not small cubes of the Feta ??

Any suggestions would be appreciated

TIA

I would put it on after.... Leave it out so it comes to room temp and then crumble it over the hot pizza as soon as it comes out of hte oven - the heat should heat it through nicely

I will also depend on the TYPE of Feta you bought - some are very mild and have not much taste really - like the Danish feat- it is very smooth creamy and nowhere near as crumbly, but lots of people like it because it is usually the cheapest and it is very very mild in flavour. You want a good sharp Greek feta in some nice brine...

smiles4u Guest

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by LimeSlice View Post
    I would put it on after.... Leave it out so it comes to room temp and then crumble it over the hot pizza as soon as it comes out of hte oven - the heat should heat it through nicely

I will also depend on the TYPE of Feta you bought - some are very mild and have not much taste really - like the Danish feat- it is very smooth creamy and nowhere near as crumbly, but lots of people like it because it is usually the cheapest and it is very very mild in flavour. You want a good sharp Greek feta in some nice brine...
    Reckon your on to something there Lime as i asked DP what feta he purchased and he look dumb struck when he asked me what is brine, LOL
    ......... Might do as you mentioned or maybe pop the feta on the last 5mins in the oven