Thread: Gnoochi

Amelia Guest

Red face Gnoochi

I bought some of the dried stuff from Aldi on Saturday and DH is demanding it for dinner tonight cause he loves it but what sauce do I do??

I want to do something with chicken and mushrooms. Does anybody have a recipe for me??

you can put it with any sauce!

maybe put some cream, chicken and mushys!

You can do any pasta sauce - We have it with bolognaise sauce, creamy bacon sauce or a jar of tomatoi pasta sauce.

My DH is Italian so we have lots of pasta here,lol. You can put it with any sauce..I like creamy sauces the best!

maybe just fry up the chicken, and then mushy's, put some cream in, and maybe some spices? i always love paprika... so i would put that thru before i added the cream. But i use paprika with everything you could add anything, or just leave it as the chicken and mushy;s

Amelia Guest

Thanks ladies. So I am presuming that sauces stick to gnoochi like to normal pasta. I have decided to do chicken,and mushies fried up with onion and garlic then I amg oing to add a can of tomatoes and some slices olives!! YUMMMMM!!!!!!!

That sounds really good! Even though you've already got your recipe sorted, I'll tell you my favourite anyway!!

I do gnocchi (home-made when I can be bothered) in a baking dish, with a tomato based sauce. Pre-cook the gnocchi as per directions until just cooked. The sauce is simple: tomato passata, peeled & seeded & chopped fresh tomatoes, lots of garlic and a lot of olive oil, salt, pepper and a little sugar if the tomatoes are bitter. The sauce should be quite oily and liquid, it will thicken when baked and the oil will help keep the gnocchi tender.

In a baking dish, or individual ramekins if you like, stir the sauce through the gnocchi with some fresh chopped/shredded basil and chunks of fresh mozzarella or bocconcini (if you can get buffalo mozzarella it is absolutely sublime), topped with grated parmesan, then bake until mozzarella has melted and is it's slightly crisp on top. Then sprinkle with more parmesan and basil - yum! I usually serve with a salad or green vegies and garlic bread to mop up all of the saucy bits.