Thread: HELP Tuna Mornay

Default HELP Tuna Mornay

i need a really simple recipe for tuna mornay, something that deosn't need many ingredients coz i have bare cupboards. i always struggle with white sauces so something that is idiot proof too

I made one up that the troops love I don't know the measurements or anything, I just whip it together

Just a white sauce (there is recipe here somewhere I will have a look). Then I drain and add a can of tuna. A can of Asparagus, celery? Some onion or chives or spring onion what ever. Maybe some tomato, dried or fresh, whatever. And what ever you like... yesterday I put spinach in, but I have also put in capsicum. If you don't have enough cheese to put in just top it with cheese.

So while you are getting that ready, have some pasta on to boil.

Then when it's all cooked whack it all together and top with Cheese and breadcrumbs. Shove it a hot oven and cook until golden

Does that help or hinder?
    Now let me look for the white sauce recipe

BTW: I have no idea what mine tastes like cause I am vego!! LOL but everyone else loves it

http://www.bellybelly.com.au/forums/...acaroni+Cheese

I found these, they have white sauce recipes...

I hope that helps

Sorry I cant help with measurements either, I just whack it all in. I make a white sauce, with cheese & add some nutmeg, salt & pepper.
    Then I add a can of tuna..in springwater not brine cause thats what I like. Then a tin of corn, small tin of pineapple some of the pineapple juice & curry powder. Yum!!!
    Then either serve with rice or pasta.

White sauces aren't too tricky... they just take a bit of watching to make sure they don't go lumpy. (But then again, isn't that what the blender is for? )

You could probably substitute with a tin of condensed soup... cream of mushroom or something similar. You may need to add in a tiny bit of water (or milk/cream) so that it's not too thick, but not so much that it's 'soup' consistency. Perhaps pop it in the pot with the drained pasta and tuna for a few moments to heat it through. Then add your toppings and throw it into the oven! Good luck.

White sauce:
    500gm Butter
    500 gm Flour
    1 litre of milk

cook out the butter and flour over a med heat - STIR IT!!! lol it will burn! When its smooth start adding milk slowly, keep stiring constantly...
    add cheese at the very end for mornay sauce.
    Cook out stirring until the floury taste is gone.

There is a cheat way of dong it....bring the milk to the boil and make the roux seperately then add the roux to the milk and use a stick belnder until smooth...just dont burnt he milk! lol

I use the same recipe as LImeSlice for my white sauce then add 1 can drained tuna & some corn kernals.