Thread: Help!! What can I make for dinner?!

Exclamation Help!! What can I make for dinner?!

Ok DS is asleep (strange cos he doesn't usually have a day nap) so I might get a chance to prepare dinner for a change.

What should I cook? We don't have any meat, and our fridge is pretty bare - we have a few vegetables, carrot, a little bit of pumpkin, sweet potato, normal potato, shallots - thats it.

Cupboard is a tin of salmon, tuna, a pasta sachet thing, pasta and rice. Thats about it (oh except for tins of spaghetti!)

I was planning on doing salmon patties, but I don't have any corn, or capsicum - which I always put in. Can I substitute pumpkin and sweet potato instead?

Ahhh I HATE cooking...

Can you make a combined mash and then have salmon and vege patties to go with it?

pasta with the tuna and some tomato sauce stirred through? Put carrots & shallots in the pasta sauce ...

Mel, do a search for the cooking by numbers website. You can select ingredients that you have in the fridge/pantry, and they give you some recipes.

Nic

Lol, that cooking by numbers one is amusing!

OOooooOOOOoh thats an idea.. thanks Nic..

Thanks Kaz - I might try that tomorrow.. we'll be home late from work, and it sounds nice and easy.. (even for me!!)

Mel - I buy the flavoured tuna and often just stir a tin of flavoured tuna & frozen mixed veg through pasta or rice for tea, very easy and yummy and nutricious!

OOOH thats an IDEA.. shanks mate

Do you have milk & cheese? You could make tuna mornay I always make that when the rations get a little low!

Ummm stew.... and if those dogs of yours are still being annoying you could .... haha only kidding

Quote Originally Posted by Arimeh View Post
    Ok DS is asleep (strange cos he doesn't usually have a day nap) so I might get a chance to prepare dinner for a change.

What should I cook? We don't have any meat, and our fridge is pretty bare - we have a few vegetables, carrot, a little bit of pumpkin, sweet potato, normal potato, shallots - thats it.

Cupboard is a tin of salmon, tuna, a pasta sachet thing, pasta and rice. Thats about it (oh except for tins of spaghetti!)

I was planning on doing salmon patties, but I don't have any corn, or capsicum - which I always put in. Can I substitute pumpkin and sweet potato instead?

Ahhh I HATE cooking...

I don't know how to make tuna mornay

Candice - honey you have no idea.. they have been barking all afternoon - nearly killed them

Steam the veggies, or in the case of the pumkin/sweet potato, boil or roast (which ever takes your fancy)
    Make a white sauce...

60g butter melted in a pot, at 1/2 cup of flour, stir til you get a thick paste...
    Add milk slowly til you get it fairly runny
    Add in all your boiled/steamed/roasted veg, Stir in and break up (i hid veggies this way)
    add a tin of Tuna/Salmon

Serve over pasta or rice or potato

Not sure how this goes with non dairy milk, but should be ok