Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Horse meat - Does it enrage you? (for those that eat meat)

Oh, and I know I've posted this before somewhere, but we are so, so lucky to have a choice not to eat various meats! When my mum was growing up during the depression her dad (my granddad) would go out and shoot rabbits ... their staple food ... one day mum discovered some "rabbits" that hadn't been fully dressed and they had long tails ... meow!

No more enraged than at eating any other animal. I dont get people who eat meat (as a former vegan) being outraged at someone eating an animal that they dont. It doesnt make sense to me at all.
    Last edited by Pandora; July 20th, 2010 at 10:24 PM.

Man...why arent these people down China town protesting about the duck's hanging to buy for customers if they are so strongly against this.

I get so ANNOYED with the attitude of some. Honestly...if you dont like it DONT BUY IT!!!

now I want some blasted camel steaks...man they were scrummy and juicy

Kaz, I loved that anecdote on FB!!
    There's a Melb restaurant serving it? Where?? Pro lly far too exxy for me atm, though
    Non-issue for me. I'd love to try it. I sent off a horse recently to the knackery to become lord knows what...damn shame, really. Beautiful, noble critter he was, only to give his last to a dog or glue or something, instead of a conscious, culinary experience for someone who'd appreciate it. Not that a horse killed in a paddock could become human consumption meat, but YKWIM, I hope!
    As for horses being noble...ummm, not all of them have heard they have this reputation to uphold We ascribe far too much human attributes (or a wish list of attributes) to horses because people don't understand them well enough. They are herbivores, herd animals, flight animals, relying heavily on sight and sound and can survive in the wild if let loose tomorrow after a life of captivity.
    For health reasons, I'll stick to eating meat from herbivores - omnivorous mammals aren't on my hit list yet (crocs are, but they're reptiles...had some once!). Cattle, horses, deer, roo...yum!
    Last edited by Smoke Jaguar; July 20th, 2010 at 11:32 PM. Reason: missing close bracket inserted

Yeah I don't see what the issue is...to me eating a horse is no different to eating a pig, cow, chicken etc. If it doesn't sit well with you don't eat it!
    I don't eat duck because I think they are cute....you don't see me sending death threats to all the restaurateurs in China Town!
    Mayaness the restaurant is Embrasse in Carlton.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12