Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: How Many Items are in your Refridgerator? (Do you ever "Eat It Out"?)

smiles4u Guest

whoops dble post !

at the moment, my fridge freezer and pantry are all prety much empty, we havent done a decent shop for a while, but when we do, ouch will it hurt the pockett!
    been eating whats in them already so they empty out! weve got a side by side fridge, that holds alot, weve got 2 dogs that eat all our scraps and leftovers, so the only waste is what i buy and compleatly forget about and wouldnt even risk the dogs having!

Well rocket (the spicy lettuce kind) was on special at FoodWorks today, as were pears... so I am re-creating my favourite local restaurant meal at home tonight because we have the rest already in the pantry/fridge: rocket salad with roasted walnuts, thinly sliced pear and shaved parmasan, served with a brown sugar Balsamic glaze, whole tinned baby beetroots.... and fish fingers!!! LOL because they have been in the freezer for a while and needed using up! Not afraid to mix high-brow and low-brow foods around here! LOL Lucky my 6yo DS loves rocket!

ETA: just posted a photo on my Facebook page!
    Last edited by Bathsheba; August 13th, 2010 at 08:19 PM.

Nah not really. I like my fridge to be full of lovely, fresh produce and we shop regularly and replace most things we use.

My pantry is... a lost cause though. I'm a bit of a bulk, impulse buyer. Which means I buy lots of stuff that sometimes sits there until I can't remember why I bought it...

Well my fridge generally contains these things:
    Sauces - tom, soy, worch, chilli
    Butter, Eggs (home grown) Milk, cheese, yoghurt
    Condiments - Jam, PB, garlic, ginger, chutney
    Veges and fruit - salad mix, carrots, cabbage, capsicum, apples, zuchini, shallots, corn
    And at the moment has beetroot (tinned), leftover fritters and lasagne.

I shop weekly or fortnightly as I impulse buy lots if I got to the shop everyday, costs me heaps more.

My fridge is running low ATM but I have far too much in my pantry - I like the idea of eating it out! Gonna meal plan for that this week

Bath, your fish fingers meal sounds classy as! And delicious!

I ate out our fridge today, made a huge pot of lentil and vegie soup, ladled it into some containers, and dished it out around the neighbourhood. Got 8 limes, 3 onions, 2 bananas and a loaf of raisin bread in return

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123