Thread: Iced Coffee

Unhappy Iced Coffee

I love iced coffee. I have since I was about three and my Grandma used to share one with me when we walked down the road to meet Mum after work and that love has been rekindled now that I have a baby as I can drink iced coffee and breastfeed at the same time, something that you canít do with a flat white. Incidentally, now Iíve had a baby I can understand why Mum wasnít happy with my drinking them at three.

In the past the only problem Iíve had is if I buy iced coffee at an ice cream shop, they tend to add syrup. I learnt to only buy it at cafes. But now I canít rely on cafes as the Americans have got to them.

Itís a fairly simple recipe Ė cold espresso, milk, scoop of ice cream, whipped cream on top and sprinkle with chocolate, coffee or nutmeg. Thatís how its always been in Australia. In the past 2weeks Iíve paid $4.00 for coffee, milk & ice cubes and $4.20 for coffee, ice cubes and a tiny dollop of ice cream. Its not right Ė if they are going to sell that fine, but call it something else so I know not to order them. I only get one a week so I've been dudded for 2 weeks in a row. Not happy.

Tell me about it - most of the big name coffee places have no idea how to make a good iced coffee and they still want to charge exhorbitant prices for it. I just don't buy them now and I will get one from Wendy's cause their Iced Coffee Chilla's are the closest thing.

ooooh I hear you. I went to a cafe the other day, and no milkshakes or other milky drinks, only iced coffee or iced chocolate. The glass was stacked with ice, hardly any milk in there, the coffee was bitter and the ice-cream was melting down the outside of the glass. And this cost $5! They wonder why local businesses aren't being supported, when I can go next door to Safeways, buy an Ice Break there for less than $3 and it tastes nicer? MEH!

I'm with you too! I have been craving so many milk drinks lately, and iced coffee is up there on the list! But it's so hard to find a decent one, like you said, most of them are made with syrup/ice cubes/NO CREAM! etc. I'm very lucky that my local deli/cafe makes FABULOUS iced coffees, they are just the best, so I stick to getting them from there.

I hear ya too! The best one I've had recently, well a few weeks ago, was from the mobile lunch lady that comes to work! She has her ice cream in an esky so it's nice & soft & I watch her make it with milk & cream *droool*

Awww now I want one LOL!

Great ,now I am desperate for an Iced Coffee!! When we lived in Darwin they had cartons of Territory's Own Iced Coffee Milk and it was the most divine and addictive drink ever! Nothing in NSW cames even close, it was great.

Ellibam Guest

Farmers Union Iced Coffee
    IS AUSTRALIAS BEST ICED COFFEE!!

but its in a carton although you can add icecream !!
    mmmmmm

Tigergirl1980 Guest

Muffin break make theirs with real coffe, ice-cream and cream on top