Thread: Lunch ideas for my DH

Default Lunch ideas for my DH

DH is trying to get out of the habit of buying his lunch, working in the city all the $ really add up! He's been taking sandwiches and fruit but is getting bored of eating the same thing all the time.

He works as a sound engineer so is either operating shows all day (these days he often gets fed by the client which is handy) or on the road, setting up PA systems and whatnot at various venues, so doesn't get a set lunch break as such. So things which can be eaten cold and preferably with one hand (often he eats lunch whilst driving to the next job) are great! I wish he was just like me and ate things straight out of the fridge, then he could take leftovers but no 'that's gross' So hit me with your lunch ideas!

what about savoury muffins? frittata, mini quiches

I sometimes make a veggie slice, he could have that with a salad to bulk it out or a bread roll

Soup - minestrone is fairly hearty

I try to vary what I send.
    We have wraps/pitas/rolls/turkish bread
    otherwise he takes slices (savoury and sweet), bickies, fruit, popcorn in snap lock bags, muesli bars, pretzels, fruit bread, banana loaf, tin of baked beans, sometimes a bento box with a few bits and pieces vege sticks and dip, cheese pieces, etc (those insulated bags and an ice brick are great for keeping things cold), small packages of nuts.

Chicken pieces, boiled eggs, egg and bacon pie, wraps, muffins, slices, cheese & bikkies, yoghurt, scones - sweet or savory, pizza scrolls, cheeseymite scrolls (so simple to make). I also do things for DH like by juice or iced coffee from the supermarket so it is cheaper.