thread: Lunch ideas for preschool?

BellyBelly Life Subscriber

Jun 2005
    Blue Mountains

Lunch ideas for preschool?

DS starts his new preschool next week and I need to pack a 'nutritious lunch and morning tea'. LOL. I laugh because I had it easy at his old preschool - it was all catered for.. cooked meals each day and now I have to be a good mum and actually pack his lunch!

So... any suggestions?

DS already has his suggestions. He wants an apple, cherry tomatoes, cucumber & cheese. LOL.

I know he probably won't want sandwiches.. but he might consider some kind of crispbread or something.. and he'll eat a meusli bar or sultanas or something.

I just need help with some ideas to keep it interesting for him for when he comes home requesting tiny teddies and things in his lunchbox! heh.

Thanks in advance!

BellyBelly Life Subscriber & MPM

Feb 2007
    Melbourne

You might find this Sticky helpful: https://www.bellybelly.com.au/forums...nch-boxes.html

My DS1 usually has half a sandwhich, a piece of fruit and some sultanas or yoghurt.

Jun 2005
    Blue Mountains

Aah.. awesome. Duh, I didn't think to look at the stickies! Thanks Trish

Feb 2004
    Melbourne

Hey Liz if he's after Tiny Teddies, you can get around that with FruBears which are either dried apricot or dried apple in the shape of a teddy bear

Jun 2005
    Blue Mountains

ooooooh! Will have to look for those! Don't htink I've seen them in our local IGA.. might have to look further afield heh. Can stock up on that sort of thing when I find them anyway. Thanks!

Administrator
    Add Rouge on Facebook

Jun 2003
    Ubiquity

Check to with the Pre-School for allergies first.

At our kinder we have no egg, no nuts, no cheese flavouring and a few other things due to severe allergies. It can limit things and it means you need to be more creative, but I'd rather be that and the other kids be ok iykwim? I will never understand parents who find it "annoying" how "annoying" must it be if your child could DIE! Sheesh (ok that turned into a slight vent didn't it *blush*)

Jun 2005
    Blue Mountains

hehe Cai. I think it's just no nuts. I'll double check. I've gotta re-read the parents book thingo to see what else he's meant to take anyway, in the way of sheets & hat etc.

Jan 2008
    In a land of bubbles and trouble

• Grated cheese & *insert whatever* mini wraps are popular here
    • Piece of fruit - will they slinky an apply for him or cut it up?? - otherwise might be too hard and long for him to eat before wanting to run off and play ....
    • Pineapple pieces in a container for a snack - yes weird, but my DD loves them
    • Rice cakes
    • Stick carrot/celery or whatever he will eat like that

That's about it - but she will also eat a roll or a sandwich ....