Thread: Marinaded meats to freeze?

Default Marinaded meats to freeze?

Does anyone marinade raw meat and then freeze it ready to be cooked later?

Which are your favourite marinades? What works well?

We use skinless chicken breasts a lot and I freeze them plain and raw, same with steak, but the idea of pre-marinading appeals to me.

What other meats do you pre-marinade and freeze?

Do you use shop bought marinades or do you prepare your own?

Please share!

TIA

short one handed type here - you understand!!!

whatever you use marinate the meat in fridge BEFORE freezing - the marinade doesn't have the same softening effect in the freezer....

Oooooo, good tip, thanks hon....

I somertimes use the Honey, Soy & Garlic marinade (Taylors brand?) & pour them over Pork Spare ribs, or chiocken wings/drumsticks..

Dh blends tomatoes, chillies, shallots, ginger, garlic, galingale powder & chicken stock (not sure of quantities) to a paste & then smears it on lamb chops, chicken wings & drums etc & we throw that in the freezer!!!

He makes other sauces, marinades but I dont even know what goes into them???

Lucy, our butcher does some fantastic marinated meats and we freeze them no worries and they come out great when thawed. We've had beef, lamb, chicken and pork and all freeze well with marinade on them. When we do our own, we use honey and soy and somtimes I will buy a satay sauce for homemade chicken kebabs. MIL makes a wicked plum marinade that is delish on the chicken too.

Our butcher friend gives us heaps of marinated stuff, in all sorts of flavours, from red Thai to BBQ. One I like to make on chicken wings (but did try it on chicken breast the other night- cut breast into three even size pieces, marinate for at least three hours, and cook very slow- turned out very tender), is a combination of barbeque sauce, oyster sauce, sweet soy (kecap manis), and Worcestershire sauce. Not sure of the quantities either, but slightly more barbeque sauce than the others I think.
    Occaisionally we will buy marinades, but more often than not we will have our butcher's stuff (which is also homemade) or our own homemade.