Thread: Mother's Day

Tigergirl1980 Guest

Default Mother's Day Lunch?

I'm trying to find something to make to take to my mum's on Mother's Day and I've found a couple of nice things but just wondering if anyone has any ideas on what I can make. What's everyone else having? I'm sure there are a lot of roasts going to be happening but I want something different. Has to be something Jonah can eat too and nothing to do with seafood.

TIA

ETA: And something that can be prepared in advance or something that can be mostly prepared the day before would be good too, unless it's something quick and easy.

Last edited by Tigergirl1980; May 10th, 2007 at 12:10 PM.

Tigergirl1980 Guest

So no one has any ideas? Oh well will have to use my own brain then, lol.

A good chicken risotto?

I love risottos and cook/recommend them whenever I can!

Blake find it easy to eat too so I'm sure Jonah wont have a problem and he loooooves chicken!

Lasagne can be prepared the day before and cooked on the day. Just put a salad or 2 together and some crusty bread and you'll have a nice informal meal.

The best ever fish recipe I make can be made with chicken. You could easily make the sauce up in advance then just quickly brown some breasts and put it in a roasting pan with the sauce. Serve with some Parmesan & basil Mash and you have a meal.

I've got a headache atm so I'll post again in a minute...

*hugs*
    Cailin