1 clove garlic, crushed
    1 tsp dried mint flakes
    Small sprig of rosemary

Minted ricotta cream:

150 g ricotta
    1/3 cup thickened cream
    1/3 cup finely fresh chopped mint

Method

1.Preheat the oven to 160C. Place the halved tomatoes on a large baking tray lined with non-stick paper, drizzle with the balsamic and olive oil, and season with cracked black pepper. Bake in the oven for 30 minutes.
    2.Add the asparagus to the baking tray and brush lightly with olive oil. Bake for a further 15 minutes or until the tomatoes and asparagus are soft. Increase oven temperature to 200C.
    3.In a bowl, combine the marinade ingredients. Pat the lamb racks dry with paper towels. Smear each rack with the mustard mixture and place racks in a baking dish. Roast for 20 minutes, or until cooked to your liking.
    4.Remove from the oven, cover with foil and rest for 5 minutes. Cut racks into pairs.
    5.Minted ricotta cream - Beat together the ricotta and cream until smooth. Add the mint and season with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
    6.To serve, place 2 pairs of lamb chops on warm serving plates and drizzle with any pan juices. Arrange the tomatoes and asparagus on the side and top with the minted ricotta cream.

Last edited by Lucy; April 11th, 2007 at 10:06 AM.

Oh wow Lucy, another superb dining experience coming to my family courtesy of you, hun - thanks again

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia

I had this last night, can completely vouch for it - I can't wait to make it again!!! Delish!!!
    Kelly xx

Creator of BellyBelly.com.au, doula, writer and mother of three amazing children

BellyBelly Birth & Early Parenting Immersion - Find out how to have a BETTER, more confident birth experience... guaranteed!
    Want To Be A Doula? Everything You Need To Know

I might add that both Olivia & Charlie love it so we often have it as a weekend dinner with them and I give them a baked spud or some mash to go with it too......they love it.........so it is ideal for kids as well.......

Debbie Lee Guest

OMG! Just the title made my mouth water *insert Homer-style drool* PMSL

LOL!

I should also add that I am not a fan of asparagus (my Dad used to grow it and I got SO SO sick of it as a kid) so I often do green beans instead.

Also, my butcher often has lamb backstraps on special, so we use those instead of a rack of lamb a lot and I get DH to BBQ the lamb....the kids love this even more as they don't have to fiddle with the bones........