Thread: Need to feed 7

Default Need to feed 7

I need recipes to feed our big family. I can find lots for 4-6 and when I double the recipes it is heaps to much. Any idea where I can find recipes for bigger families or if you have any of your own would be great.

I come from a big family and mashed spuds went a long way. Rissoles, sausages, and casseroles were the main dishes. Corn silverside was also eaten often. If we had a meal with gravy bread was used to sop up the gravy so that was another way to fill the boys.

Soup was often dished up before the main meal, that was another filler.

We used to eat pancakes for desert ALOT as they were cheap and filled up the boys. I never cook pancakes let alone eat them...wonder why.

Another desert was a scone dough rolled (oblong) out thinly and filled with grated apple, sugar etc added for taste. It was then rolled up put in a pan and a syrup, I think just water & sugar, poured over it then cooked. Eaten with cream or icecream

These sound great Rivlas but I forgot to mention that 2 of the kids are diabetic so sweet, fatty and high carb stuff is out.

feeb is offline Thankful for the kindness of my 2012 RAK making me Life member

Quiche
    Rissotto
    Sausage casserole

How is everything going kim, long time no chat?

I know feeb, it has been ages. Lots of changes in my family as you read with 2 of the kids now having diabetes (diagnosed Feb this year). Still having trouble with eldest DD and eldest DS is now trying it on lol. DS2 last night was diagnosed with chicken pox. I want this year to be over already lol. And to top it off we have decided to ttc #6 just to add a little more spice to it. I think we might need a straight jacket hehehehe.

How is your family going?? Wow bubs isn't much of a bubs any more is he?? 7 months already!! Hope you are doing ok. I'll try to get into chat a bit more and see if I can find you in there

Got to get dinner ready, have a great night