Thread: Organic Milk or Soy Milk

Default Organic Milk or Soy Milk

Do you use Organic Milk or Soy Milk?

Which brands do you use? Do you feel better health wise on it? Have you ever had any probs with freshness etc?

Anyone know the best place to buy organic milk in Adelaide or which supermarkets sell it?

Thanks

I've used organic milk and soy milk in the past as well as A2. I always bought mine at a local health food shop (the organic milk) although my woollies has it now. We are in QLD though. I found that a lot of soy milk isn't organic so checking is very important.

I have felt no different using organic or soy. I can't sit down and drink milk at the best of times, and atm I'm on a dairy & soy free diet because Jovie has reactions to both. I have found rice milk to be okay but I don't like the flavour much. I feel better not using dairy thats for sure but that may be because I have an intolerance to it.

I did prac work on a dairy farm in 2000 and I felt great using the fresh milk for coffee's... I loved the taste of fresh milk, its so different to store bought.

Aldi sells organic milk.

I only use organic milk unless I cant get it and really need it.

I dont really notice any health changes ie; I dont feel any different, but the taste is so wonderful and creamy and it really is so different in taste, it took a little getting use to and now the other stuff tastes like watered down milk.

as to where you can get it you can get it at most supermarkets now days, I can only get it at one of the woolies near me and I am up south and thats the one at colonades, otherwise organic food shops and health food shops would have it,

I get the BD farm one its from paris creek ( meadows SA its in a normal 2ltr container with a green lid ) and is really yummy, the other one that is nice is the pauls one ( its in a plastic 1ltr bottle with a purple or redish lid ) but I find the bd farm one fresher and creamier in taste, the thing I love is when I open it up there is a thick film of yummy thick cream on top and thats the best as I remember my mum talking about that when I was young.

I love that I can get milk that does not have all the nasties.

Not much of a soy fan really try to avoid it as much as possible.
    Last edited by *Elle*; March 8th, 2007 at 04:49 PM.

kerry Guest

Since I struggle to find non-GM soy milk in my area that is cheaper than organic milk I opt for the organic. Like Natalie I buy mine from Aldi.

I have used both for Kaitlyn. For some reason she used to vomit after the organic milk...so ended up putting her on standard Pura. When using soy milk just make sure you choose the one from Whole organic soy beans as some are made from soy protein extract and therefore are not as good. The brand I normally buy is the organic Vitasoy.

I have used both.
    i was vegan for a while and so had soy milk then, the thing I struggle with is that you can't get in in half litre sizes (you can overseas grrr), and with juts me drinking it the litre would go off well before I got through it.

Milo has been on soy this week though, so I have been having it too.

All the supermarkets near me sell organic milk. DH likes it, but the main one we can get is parmalat, and he doesn't like the company so he won't buuy that one.