thread: Paper pattycake pans sticking

Mar 2006

Paper pattycake pans sticking

This is driving me crazy!!!!
    Why are my muffins/cupcakes sticking to the paper pattycake pans?? I've used different recipes, ingredients, cooking times/temps & that's making no difference. I'm losing heaps of my muffins/cupcakes due to this sticking.

Any ideas what's causing it & how to prevent it?

TIA,
    Dan.

Jun 2010
    District Twelve

I find it's the recipes with little fat (butter/oil) that are the worst. Try spraying the paper pattypans with olive oil spray. It helps.

Dec 2007
    Victoria

Let them cool in the actual pan longer before turning them out.

Mar 2006

Thanks ladies I'll try both of your suggestions with my ones tomorrow. Fingers crossed!

Jun 2009
    in the Capital

I never line my patty tray with paper I always butter and flour the tin. Works a treat each time and you save a couple of cents .... regardless of the non-stick variety. Also, I NEVER wash my cake tins. I will only ever wipe them out - or flick off the bits that have stuck. They get better as they are seasoned.

I will only line a cake tin when I bake my christmas cake. First I grease and flour the tin then line it with brown paper (not baking paper). These are things my mum taught me (that her mother and her mother before that taught her)

Administrator
    Add Rouge on Facebook

Jun 2003
    Ubiquity

Definitely let them cool. They form a crust as they cool down and this is how they come away from the paper. Most cupcakes if turned out hot will stick and crack.

Jul 2008
    Melbourne

thank you for asking - I've been having the same problem!!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2