Pizza Dough

400 grams strong white flour
    1 teaspoon salt
    1 1/4 teaspoons fast action dried yeast
    1 teaspoon caster sugar
    3 tablespoons olive oil
    200ml water

To Make by Hand:

1. Put the flour into a large bowl then stir in the salt, sugar and yeast. Add the oil then gradually mix in enough warm water to make a soft dough.

2. Knead well on a lightly floured surface for 5 minutes until the dough is smooth and elastic. Put the dough back in to the bowl, cover loosely with oiled cling film and leave in a warm place to rise for 1 hour or until doubled in size.

3. Tip the dough out on to a lightly floured surface, knead well then cut into 4 pieces. Roll each piece into a roughly shaped circle about 20 cm (8 inches) in diameter and transfer to 2 large greased baking sheets. (I used 2 pizza trays that you can find at any supermarket I think they are made by whiltshere).

To make with a breadmaker:

1. Lift the tin out of the bread machine, fit the kneader blade then add the measured cold water and the oil. Spoon in the flour then add the salt and sugar. Make a slight dip in the centre of the flour and sprinkle in the yeast.

2. Insert the tin into the bread machine. Shut the lid and set to dough or pizza dough. Press start.

3. At the end of the programme, lift the tin out of the machine, tip the dough out on to a lightly floured surface and continue as Step 3 "To Make by Hand"

Notes: I top with basciola pasta sauce. I normally add about 1 tablespoon of garlic to the sauce (enough for two pizzas), which is about half a jar. But we do like garlic I then top with baby spinach leaves, black pitted kalamata olives, chunks of pancetta (I get the delicatessen to cut 1 cm slices so I can cut up in chunks) and a half half combo of mozzarella and grated cheddar or bocconcini if I'm feeling spesh.

Enjoy

Photo's HERE

*hugs*
    Cailin
    Last edited by Rouge; September 8th, 2008 at 01:40 PM.

I got your PM thanks for that,
    hmmmm how absolutely yummo does tha t look, I tell you I think thats the bestest home meade pizza I have ever seen, might just come for a drive to melbourne for a slice LMAO, I am going to write down all of your ingredients and head to the shops tomorrow and tomorrow night we are having pizza I cant wait.

Thanks so much Cailin

Sounds delish and you're so good making your own pizza base! I use leb bread, which is as adventurous as I get!
    i actually went to a pizza party on the weekend, and they put pizza sauce (I use tomato sauce, sweeter) then cheese, then topping, then cheese again (not so much) and then some more sauce! Was really good!! xo

it looks so yum! Please send me some

LOL I can just imagine I start my own delivery service

I've even made it vegetarian as well with "not bacon" and its brilliant. And our friends made it with broccoli and fetta and pumpkin and pinenuts and pesto. They said it was good

*hugs*
    Cailin

does anyone know if the bocconcini cheese is a no no during pg as I am not sure and OMG I love that stuff

If its cooked on a pizza I'd say its fine... fresh I'm not sure as its semi soft...

*hugs*
    Cailin

Yep make sure its cooked and hot

Thanks for that I cant wait, Oh Yummie, and will it be okay to be reheated probably tomorrow for lunch aslong as I make sure I heat it properly and make it hot?????

As long as its piping hot should be fine

*hugs*
    Cailin

Great thanks again Cailin I am heading to the shops soon to get the ingredients and we are haivng cailins home made pizza for tea and I cant wait I have been thining about this all night long LOL I may have even dreamt about it

Well I made pizza last night and it was not to bad at all, the base was perfecto +++++ and was yummy, but I did some eggplant to put on it and I think/know I over oiled it, with that and the sundried tomato's = to much oil so even though it tasted good the oil got to me so next time ( which will be soon ) I will make extra effort to use less oil on the eggplant etc... the kids loved theres and they had cheese and bacon with BBQ sauce, I am starting to beleive that less is more with pizza I love cafe style pizza and i think its because they dont overload the pizza with to much topping so that is another thing I am going to watch next time.

Thanks agian Cailin was well worth the muscles I developed while kneading the dough WOAH that was hard work LMAO

Well tell DH that he needs to get you that breadmaker so you can give your muscles a rest

I'm glad it was a success! Oh yes never overload.... sorry I should have specified that one

*hugs*
    Cailin

T - Minus 90 minutes before this dough makes its way from the bread maker to the pizza pans. Can't wait to try it!!!

Talking Home made pizza dough.... recipes please!

Anyone have a really yummy home made Pizza Dough recipe you can share please? I want to make DH some home made pizza. I don't like buying the pizza bases & can't find any of my old pizza recipes that I used to make years ago.....

thanks Mods for moving my post to this thread, i'll give this one a go! (i wondered why i couldnt find my post LOL)