Thread: quail??

Default quail??

Hi all!

Does anyone have a good quail recipe..?? something with a bit of a sauce maybe..
    thanks
    xxx

anyone??.....

I keep seeing them at the butcher and I always think of a Greek restaurant i used to frequent that served them grilled and marinated with salad and some other bits and pieces - they were so so yummy.

Maybe I should try googling a recipie but you never know what you're getting when you use google. I prefer recipies that I know have been tested.

Split them in half. Marinate them in olive oil, garlic and oregano, pan fry or bbq then once cooked and just before you take them off the heat squeeze lemon over over the top, yummy, also works with chicken pieces or strips etc.

Hope you enjoy it.

Meagan

Five spice asian quail. and bbq'd. I love the flavour of quail but I *HATE* the bones. I cooked Poussin once (which is very similar to quail) and I just roasted it with lemon juice, thyme and proscuitto slices, I put a small bit of stock and oil and in the bottom of the pan and let it roast. Was divine. I think I put a garlic clove crushed in each cavity (as well as the thyme sprig).

YUUUUMMMM!!!! I was looking forward to tacos, thanks Cailin, you've ruined that for me, now I really want Poussin!!! Can you come to my house and cook that for me? PUHLEEEEZE???

LOL don't worry nothing exciting here for dinner either