Thread: Quick, easy slice for someone who's not much of a cook

Default Quick, easy slice for someone who's not much of a cook

Preferably no-cook slice recipes, but if there is something easy enough that requires baking, I'll give it a shot.
    I've already perfected the Mars Bar/Snickers slice, so I'd like something a little different.

PLEASE!!!!

There is a jelly slice that is yummy - it has a biscuit base like cheesecake, then a layer of cheesecake filling and then jelly poured on top and popped in the fridge to set. Or I made a really easy baked one that is 1 cup of SR Flour, coconut, mixed fruit (or substitute, sultanas, currants etc) and 3/4 cup sugar. 1 EGG and 125gm melted butter. Throw all into one bowl and mix tog, cook at 150 degrees for 1/2 hr or until golden.

This slice is affectionately known here as "Sarah's mum's friend's slice" cause thats where it came from, its yummy and easy.

1pkt nice biscuits (you know niece ones- Jess gave her xboyfriend the recipe and he bought timtams cause they're nice LOL)
    145g melted butter
    1 can condensed milk (NOT SKIM)
    1/2 cup chopped walnuts
    1 cup choc bits
    1 cup coconut

Method
    Process biscuits into crumbs, mix with melted butter. Press into a slice tin. Top by sprinkling over choc bits, nuts then coconut. Cover with condensed milk and bake in mod oven for about 20 minutes or until golden. Refrigerate before serving.

1pkt plain biscuits
    3 peppermint crisps
    1 tin condensed milk
    125g butter

put the bickies and the choccies in separate snaplock bags and bash them with a rolling pin until they're in little bits
    mix em together
    melt the butter and condensed milk in a saucepan and mix with the biscuit mixture. Press into a lined slice tin and refridgerate.

otherwise if you can make anzac bicckies, instead of the rolling into balls bit, just press the whole mix into a slice tin and cook for about 25min on 180 or until cooked to your liking

England (but moving back home to Oz next year!)

These are dead easy to make and delicious! I didn't make the frosting, which makes it an even easier receipie!

Best Brownies Recipe - at Allrecipes.

Just make sure not to overcook!
    Last edited by Rouge; October 18th, 2010 at 07:09 AM. Reason: Please see guidelines about links.

Several times recently I've made cookies and cream cheesecake slice, no baking just fridge.

It's dead easy - the recipe is on here already somewhere or just google "cookies and cream cheesecake slice" and it's the one on the kraft website!

Yum, yum, yum.

Can't offer any suggestions as I never make slice but I LOVE eating it.......but......MAKE THE JELLY SLICE!!!!! The one that Trillian suggested, that is my new favourite slice. It's so delicious and you can make the top whatever colour jelly you like to suit the occasion that you are making it for....O.K. back under my rock now.

Forgot to add (clearly because it was 3am lol) that the cheesecake slice is yummy yummy scrummy, which is why I have made it several times recently - people keep requesting it!

If you have a processer Yo Yos are easy. Throw everything in together and mix.

Lemon slice is easy.

Cherry Slice is another easy one.

I packet marie biscuits, 4 ozs butter, 1/2 tin condensed milk, 3/4 cup coconut, 1 tablespoon cocoa, 1 packet glace cherries (chopped to your liking, I do my finely).

Crush biscuits then add coconut, cocoa and cherries.
    Melt butter & condensed milk then pour over dry ingredients. Mix then press into a slice tin. I don't use a large one.

Topping; Melt 2 ozs copha & 3/4 block cooking chocolate then pour over slice. Let set in fridge then cut. I take it out of the fridge a bit before cutting.

My nan's choc crunch slice is the best thing ever. A lot of people call it honeycomb slice, but there's no honeycomb in it, it just takes on that texture. It's no bake, and has about 6 ingredients. The recipe is on my blog

Very soon (I promise) I will also blog the lemon cranberry muesli slice I do. It is easier than pie, although does have to be baked.

Oh, they're also both dairy, egg and nut (depending on muesli) free.

I make a peppermint/ choc slice thats no bake, let me know if you want the recipe