Thread: Saucy Spice Co.

Thumbs up Saucy Spice Co.

Has anyone else tried these yet?
    I'm not usually a fan of the sauces in a bottle and so on but my butcher talked me into it. Despite the name they're not actually sauces, it's a bag of spices.
    I got the Afghani Lamb one and I'm actually pretty impressed. It was yummy. Of course it would be much cheaper to buy the spices at the supermarket and mix my own but having them in a sachet is easier. The only ingredients are spices that you can buy at the supermarket, there's no funny numbers and so on.
    I think that I'm going to keep one or two in the cupboard from now on for the nights when I don't feel inspired.

Last edited by Phteven; September 23rd, 2010 at 05:09 PM.

Sounds great! I haven't tried it, but am willing to do so due to your recommendation. I like being a guinea pig when it comes to trying food! squeek squeek!
    Where can you buy it? At the butchers? Or supermarket? Is it a common chain of butcher/supermarkets? (aka can I get it in little ol' Adelaide?).

TIA!! Squeek

I just looked online and South Australia is the only state they don't sell it in
    I've only seen it at butcher's shops so maybe hassle your butcher to start stocking it.

Haha, of course! Nothing new there! Adelaide is just too small (but pretty!). Off to hassle my butcher... Tehehe

We are looking at stocking them in our butchery too. I'm pretty sure you can buy online at their website under "shop". They have a huge range!