Thread: Soft Drink for a Diabetic

Default Soft Drink for a Diabetic

Hey everyone,

This is a bit of a curly one. DH is a diabetic. However, he can't stand the taste of nutrisweet (which is in most diet drinks) to the point it makes him sick.

He was drinking a cola called Fuse, but it seems to be disappearing from the market.

Does anyone else know of a low sugar soft drink that doesn't have artificial sweetner??

Zero.. Coke Zero.. It has no sugar and is not as disgusting as the other diet drinks..

I was told by my diabetes educators I can drink that.. I get Gestational diabetes/

It only took 2-4 drinks to be ok with the taste

nup...from another diabetic..... they all have artificial sweetneing of some kind. There are some that are better than others though is terms of after taste....... there are some new ones that are sweetened with ascelfame K instead of nutrasweet but they are hard to find.

Diet rite soft drink is supposed to be sweetened with splenda instead of nutrsweet so might be worth a trial.

the golden circle cdiet soft drinks arent too bad either. Oh and diet IRN BRU is one of my faves.

My absolute fave these days is to buy plain mineral water and sweeten it up with one of the huge variety of fruit juice blends you can get these days.

try soda water and diet cordial- taste yum, cheap and no yuckky nutrasweet taste!
    Our whole family has it as our treat drink!!
    HTH
    odette

I thought coke zero had aspartame (nutrasweet)...hmmm.. *goes off to check the work fridge* yep it does

yup coke zero has aspartame....all the major brands do which is a bugger.

You don't seem to taste it as much in diet coke though.

Bundaberg (who make Bundaberg ginger beer) do a diet ginger beer and a diet Lemon & Lime and they are both quite nice. All natural flavours so you don't get that yuckky chemical flavour like regular diet softdrink (most of it tastes like cough medicine, IMO). You might have to hunt around a bit but larger Woollies and Coles should have them, they are sold in small bottles in a four pack.

You can also buy the bundaberg diet range that marydean mentioned at most bottle shops if you cant find it in the supermarket.

Thanks everyone - I'll give him the list!

I am a diabetic and I drink the diet rite drinks. And lately they have been on sale too. I am not sure what's in them, but the Waterford's range is also nice